News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Join Reason

Started by live627, December 20, 2009, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolya

In the approval screen.
http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve;

I have meanwhile ditched this mod in favour of an advanced profile field which is set to be compulsively filled out during registration. While I had no problem with the mod switching was a no-brainer once I realised I could achieve the same through a native forum function.

MiY4Gi

Quote from: Kolya on July 06, 2011, 08:39:23 AM
In the approval screen.
http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve;

I have meanwhile ditched this mod in favour of an advanced profile field which is set to be compulsively filled out during registration. While I had no problem with the mod switching was a no-brainer once I realised I could achieve the same through a native forum function.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give this a go.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

Martingonnella

Live 627..Can you please make this version 2.0 ...I like the Mod..But want to install it in.. thanks

live627

Martingonnella

Ooo..it does work after all..Thanks

live627

That's the thing with this mod: it isn't tied to versions very much... only a loose range: 2.0 - 2.99.99, which allows it to install even on the legacy RC3 release. Without emulation. :D Same with 2.0.45  :P

bloc

Quote from: Kolya on July 06, 2011, 08:39:23 AM

Not sure of compulsory profile field will show up in the approval screen? Anyhow, installed and working great.

Thanks for a really useful mod. :)

live627

QuoteNot sure of compulsory profile field will show up in the approval screen?
It won't show up there.

bloc

Thought so. This mod have helped a LOT, its now easy to sort out the spammers. If they can't provide a coherent reason for joining, they are not approved. ;D

live627

Quote from: Bloc on August 30, 2012, 01:41:03 AM
Thought so. This mod have helped a LOT, its now easy to sort out the spammers. If they can't provide a coherent reason for joining, they are not approved. ;D
Precisely my use  for it

dvk01

I have join reason mod  and email template editor mod both installed and want the join reason to be sent in the Admin Notify Approval email
how do I get that variable in there or can't it be done using email template editor or do I need to alter one of the smf core files to get the join reason in the Admin Notify Approval email
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on September 26, 2012, 01:15:39 PM
You're probably going to want to ask live (author of Join Reason Mod) how best to integrate his modification into Email Template Editor.

live627

Need a small code edit. I'lll post it soon.

live627

If you go look in ./Sources/Subs-Members.php, you'll find four occurrences of

'REALNAME' => $regOptions['register_vars']['real_name'],

After the LAST THREE, add

'JOINREASON' => $regOptions['register_vars']['join_reason'],

That should add a new variable, JOINREASON, for you to use with the email editor.

dvk01

I can't find a way to get it into the editor
is there some other way to alter the sent email apart from using email template editor to send the join reason in the adminnotify  approval email

to make it clear
I have added the edits from live627 above to Sources/Subs-Members.php and I have created a new global variable in email editor {JOINREASON} but all I get in the email is {JOINREASON}not teh data

where am I going wrong

Game.ruler

Please anyone help me. If i want this join reason field to be optional, then what should i edit?
Thank you.

LuckyDog Sports

Just tries to install this mod in 2.0.6 (via Package Manager) with the Black Knight Theme and Prevent Topic View Increase by Author Mod and I get the follow:

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/homepages/30/d90568795/htdocs/forum/Packages/temp/install20.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php5') in /homepages/30/d90568795/htdocs/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 951

Can you tell me why and how to fix?

Let me know if you need addidtional info.

Thanks

Burke ♞ Knight

I tried to install this in a 2.0.6 site, when hit install, get white page. Mod does not install, and nothing wrong with my site or host, so the normal white page of death does not apply in this case.

EDIT:

Happens on any 2.0.6 site, on different servers.

live627

ViV

Kindly share the 1.3 version with us. The version available right now is 1.4 and I am unable to find 1.3

Advertisement: