Blizzard WOW Quoting

Started by dreadk, March 05, 2010, 06:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadk

Link to Mod

Blizzard Dev Quoting

Please Uninstall Any Previous Version of Blizzard Dev Quoting

Version 1.0.1

This package will add a new BBC Icon to replies which will enable quotes that resemble a Blizzard Developer for World Of Warcraft. The idea was derived from mmo-champion's setup.  The rounded corners are CSS Coded as as of yet do not fully show up in IE8. Firefox, Safari, and Chrome work just fine however.

To the default theme in Simple Machines 2.0 RC2.  If you are installing on a custom theme please run the package, than move the graphic files into the appropiate slots manually.

Link To Live Demo

RECOMMENDED YOU HAVE DEFAULT THEME CHOSEN IN YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE BEFORE APPLYING THIS MOD

However, please note if you use any other themes than the default you'll need to manually edit your index.template.php file.

Code (Subs-Editor.php Editing) Select

<search for>array(
'image' => 'img',
'code' => 'img',
'before' => '[img]',
'after' => '[/img]',
'description' => $txt['image']
),]]></search>

<add after>
        array (
            'image' => 'blizzquote',
            'code' => 'blizzardquote',
            'before' => '[blizzardquote]',
            'after' => '[/blizzarquote]',
            'description' => $txt['bbc_quote']
         )
</add after>

Code (Subs.php Editing) Select

<search for> array(
'tag' => 'u',
'before' => '<span class="bbc_u">',
'after' => '</span>',
),></search>

<add after>
         array(
            'tag' => 'blizzardquote',
            'before' => '<div class="blizzquotewrap" ><div class="blizzquote"><h1><span><b>' . $txt['quote'] . '</b></span></div><font class="blizquotefont"><div class="blizzlinks">',
            'after' => '</div></font><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote"></div></div></div><br />',
            'block_level' => true,
         ),
         array(
            'parameters' => array(
               'author' => array('match' => '(.{1,192}?)', 'quoted' => true),
            ),
            'before' => '<div class="blizquoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote">' . $txt['quote_from'] . ': {author}</div></div><blockquote>',
            'after' => '</blockquote><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote"></div></div><br />',
            'block_level' => true,
         ),
         array(
            'type' => 'parsed_equals',
            'before' => '<div class="blizquoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote">' . $txt['quote_from'] . ': $1</div></div><blockquote>',
            'after' => '</blockquote><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote"></div></div><br />',
            'quoted' => 'optional',
            // Don't allow everything to be embedded with the author name.
            'parsed_tags_allowed' => array('url', 'iurl', 'ftp'),
            'block_level' => true,
         ),
         array(
            'parameters' => array(
               'author' => array('match' => '([^<>]{1,192}?)'),
               'link' => array('match' => '(?:board=\d+;)?((?:topic|threadid)=[\dmsg#\./]{1,40}(?:;start=[\dmsg#\./]{1,40})?|action=profile;u=\d+)'),
               'date' => array('match' => '(\d+)', 'validate' => 'timeformat'),
            ),
            'before' => '<div class="blizzquotewrap" ><div class="blizzquote"><h1><span>' . $txt['quote_from'] . ': {author} ' . $txt['search_on'] . ' {date} (<a href="' . $scripturl . '?{link}">Source</a>)</span></div><font class="blizquotefont"><div class="blizzlinks">',
            'after' => '</div></font><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote"></div></div></div><br />',
            'block_level' => true,
         ),
         array(
            'parameters' => array(
               'author' => array('match' => '(.{1,192}?)'),
            ),
            'before' => '<div class="blizzquotewrap" ><div class="blizzquote"><h1><div class="topslice_quote"><span>' . $txt['quote_from'] . ': {author}</span></div></div><font class="blizquotefont"><div class="blizzlinks">',
            'block_level' => true,),
</add>

Code (index.template.php Editing) Select

<search for><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/css/print.css?rc2" media="print" />]]></search>
<add after>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="', $settings['theme_url'], '/css/blizzquotes.css?rc2" />
</add>

Images Included

blizzpost.gif >> Installed into your theme's /Images directory
blizzquotesep.gif >> Installed into your themes Images directory
blizzquote.gif >> Installed into your theme's /Images/BBC Directory

If you have any issues please contact me
on our site and post in the Web Page forum.

http://www.therisenguild.net

-Exphryl

Fooz

seems that the link=topic=1444.msg9222#msg9222 is missing the index.php? part to work...? Should it not be link=index.php?topic=1444.msg9222#msg9222 or am I the only one getting errors using the standard link?

krilz

I tried to install this mod but the forum keeps asking me for this:

"Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager. "

And then it asks me to enter FTP server, port, user, pass and local path. Even though I enter it, it refuses to install it. So what exactly do I need to edit/create for this to install? I've tried checking your install instructions but it says nothing about it. Or maybe it doesn't work with SMF 1.1.11?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

dreadk

I designed it to work with RC2, RC3 only

Aoife

I tried to install to a fresh 2.0 RC3 with the default theme and got an error:

:(

kneeki

Thanks for this great mod! I had to manually copy the image files and edit my index.template file, but other than that it seems to be working great! Can't figure out how to get the 'Quote from: NAME' at the top of the box though. Oh well. =)

Nathan

Any chance of getting this updated for 2.0 RC4?

Aoife

I just added this addon to our forums in version 2 RC5. I had to edit the index.template file too, and it works great now!

Arka

Has anyone been able to work the title with SMF 1.1.13?

When I use [blizzardquote="Title"]Content[/blizzardquote] the css don't works.

[blizzardquote]Content[/blizzardquote] works perfectly but not show the title obviously.

Alpay

Arka :

[blizzardquote author=Nick link=http://link.com]Content[/blizzardquote]

Advertisement: