Sortable Packages (and Installed Time)

Started by Arantor, December 23, 2009, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Gryzor

SaltedWeb

@DougieFresh told me about this mod, this is exactly what I needed no more having to write it all down.

TY

SW
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

landyvlad

Suggested Enhancement

I had an idea of a good potential enhancement for this mod.

It doesn't so much affect me at the moment as I only have a limited number of mods installed, but I know some people's forums have a LOT of mods.

An 'export' button would be handy (perhaps with text or csv options) to save a lot of cut and paste for those people and would allow them to keep a handy list offline and/or have the data in an excel spreadsheet.

Not sure how easy it is to do this (or otherwise) but it's just a suggestion / food for thought.

Cheers.
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Gryzor

Ooh, I second that. I can't count the times I've copied/pasted that page into an excel file and tried to clean the outcome... :D

GL700Wing

Quote from: Gryzor on January 23, 2018, 02:58:50 AM
Ooh, I second that. I can't count the times I've copied/pasted that page into an excel file and tried to clean the outcome... :D
MS Word may be a better option.  I copy/paste the entire table into MS Word (page already formatted as landscape) and use search/replace to remove all the graphics (search for ^g, replace with nothing) followed by Ctrl-A/Ctrl -Shift-F9 to remove all hyperlinks.  I then select the entire table and set the style to normal.

The result is a table that can be sorted on all fields - simples!!  :)

(You can then copy the table to an Excel workbook in which you have multiple sheets to enable you to keep a record of mod installs and deletions).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Gryzor

Gotta remember this advise next time I do it - thanks for the tip!

landyvlad

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

pepa

Here is a total newbie question in relation to installing/uninstaling mods.  I was unaware that there had to be an order.  One mod I want to uninstall is throwing up errors when the initial check is done, so I can't proceed.  Just installed Arantor's mod.  The mod I want to uninstall is the most recent one installed ... so here's my question:

"Do I have to uninstall ever previous mod in the order listed by Arantor's mod (oldest to newest) to thne be able to uninstall the mod that's throwing up uninstall errors and will this mean it won't list the uninstall errors when the check is done immediately before uninstall?"

SaltedWeb

Depending on how many mods there are on your list, the best way is to uninstall the ones that do not shoot up errors.

I am old school on new sites I write it down in order that installed with no errors and generally in reverse is also no errors at least thats my experience. This mod makes it very easy to do though so now I take a snap of the page and save it :-)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

pepa

Quote from: SaltedWeb on February 22, 2018, 07:40:24 PM
Depending on how many mods there are on your list, the best way is to uninstall the ones that do not shoot up errors.

I am old school on new sites I write it down in order that installed with no errors and generally in reverse is also no errors at least thats my experience. This mod makes it very easy to do though so now I take a snap of the page and save it :-)

Only 7 mods installed, 2 of which are the 2.0.15 update and responsive curve, I'm kinda old school and cautious as well.  When I later re-install the un-installed mods I do want, will they just "work" as before?, (I will no doubt have to reconfigure some of them if that's what I had to do initially).

pepa

Just checked, other than the last installed mod, which lists errors, the only other one that shows an error is reCaptcha for SMF which states, "unable to find Package File" ... anyone know what that means?

Steve

Quote from: pepa on February 22, 2018, 08:07:58 PM... unable to find Package File ...

A quick search for 'unable find package file' turned up this thread which gives the solution as to what to do in the first response:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=545057.0

Quote from: pepa on February 22, 2018, 08:03:01 PMWhen I later re-install the un-installed mods I do want, will they just "work" as before?, (I will no doubt have to reconfigure some of them if that's what I had to do initially).

Depends. Some mods need updated for 2.0.15 ... if you get no errors during installation and assuming they were uninstalled correctly and completely and there are no conflicts with other mods then yes, they should work as before.

Note I said 'should'. Always backup before doing anything.
DO NOT pm me for support!

pepa

Quote from: Steve on February 23, 2018, 02:55:56 PM
Quote from: pepa on February 22, 2018, 08:07:58 PM... unable to find Package File ...

A quick search for 'unable find package file' turned up this thread which gives the solution as to what to do in the first response:

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=545057.0

Seems that's not the problem?  I receive that message in the window "View and Remove Installed Packages" from Arantor's mod ... but when I try an uninstall in Browse Packages/Modification Packages I then get a different result of "Error in Package" and one test fails on one file.

So completely different error messages about the same package?

landyvlad

Anyone know if this mod is, or will be, compatible with SMF 2.1 ?

lurkalot

Quote from: landyvlad on March 14, 2018, 11:49:44 PM
Anyone know if this mod is, or will be, compatible with SMF 2.1 ?

Not sure, but I thought this was a stock feature in 2.1 now.

landyvlad

It could well be, I'm not sure, It'd be even better if that is the case :)
Anyway, no biggie, I'll just wait and see.

landyvlad

Anyone know if the functions of this mod are built in to 2.1 ?

Arantor

Advertisement: