A Ticket System (Installed in the SMF Forum)

Started by Achilles., December 26, 2009, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles.

Hi, sorry if I posted in a wrong section/forum. But I would like to request something, I have used the search button but seems that I couldn't find the answers I am looking for.

It seems that you guys haven't implemented a 'feature?' that I am looking for in SMF. Because I have went to the I.P Board's Forum and they have a Ticket System, already installed in there Forums. Probably, if you could possibly make the same thing or make it even better? Just a simple help desk wherein it could record all past inquiries, etc.

Here's the external link: www. community . invisionpower . com/index . php?app=downloads&showfile=1530

I believe that SMF could do better. I know that there are some external ticket system that could be use, but it would be really great if it is already installed so that the users won't have a hard time...

And also, do you have this feature that ''people'' from the Forum has a profile. Like they could add friend, comments, put an introduction on there page, people who views them...

Thank you very much,
A reply would be much appreciated,

Achilles

- All donations will proceed to my Youth Foundation.

http://poseidondesigners.tk/ -- Affordable Website Designs // Banners & More!

Arantor

There isn't a helpdesk type system in SMF. Some of it can be emulated through the forum itself actually, using the Topic Solved mod such as we do here, but not a full-on helpdesk type system. Probably because no-one wants to sit, write and maintain it, I guess.

You could make a request for it (though no guarantees), specifically in our Mod Requests board (since this board is really for requests for core features in SMF), but I'd encourage you to put all the details of what you wanted it to do in as well (kind of as per the rules in READ ME: How To Request A Modification (Mod).

As for the other profile, you might want to check out the Ultimate Profile mod on our mod site.

I can tell you right now neither will be a core feature any time soon, if ever.

Achilles.

- All donations will proceed to my Youth Foundation.

http://poseidondesigners.tk/ -- Affordable Website Designs // Banners & More!

Advertisement: