Help Desk / Ticket System Type (Any help will be much appreciated)

Started by Achilles., December 26, 2009, 01:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Achilles.

Hello, I am new in SMF and I would like to Request a modification for my website. Seemed like I need to have a Ticket System / Help Desk type, I've seen this one in I.P. Boards Forum but, I think SMF could do much better. Any help would do. I hope it could be for FREE (We are just bunch of High School students which would be needing this mod for our RO's Forum)

I believed this would be a great help for us, I think not just for us but also to those users who wanted to have this kind of mod. Since, I've searched it and it hasn't been implemented here rather.

Version
I would like to request a Mod for 1.1.1x Version of SMF.

Description
If you do not know what a Ticket System / Help Desk is, please check this external website. This Ticket System is an EXTERNAL WEBSITE; what I need for your help is it is implanted inside the Forum. Also, if possible Attachment of data/photos will be available.

Example: Player 1 wants to report a bug --> It will be sent to a BUG SECTION OF THE TICKET SYSTEM, then it will be seen in a Reciever for "Admins/Moderators" to see. You could see everything in this website: Though as I have said it is an External Website, but I need it inside the forum and can be viewed inside the forum aswell by the reporter & moderators only. Please check this website, this website has everything in it: www . osticket . com/tour/

Permissions
The main Ticket System Receiver can be accessed by the ADMIN & MODERATORS / GLOBAL MODERATORS only while if the members report they could also see whatever they have reported (History of their reports).

Feature Set
The website has everything, but I think the ticket number won't be needed, since it will be used per USER. Also, the users cannot delete what they have sent, it will be remained in the History Panel / log. When the topic is closed, it will go to a "OLD TOPIC BIN OF THE RECEIVER" While the post of the member will stay exactly on the bottom page.

MORE DETAILS BELOW (Please scroll down), but if you need more explanation we could chat through MSN.

Cheers,
Thank you very much,
A help would be much appreciated,

Achilles.

- All donations will proceed to my Youth Foundation.

http://poseidondesigners.tk/ -- Affordable Website Designs // Banners & More!

Arantor

Is it a bug tracker or ticket system? There's a bug tracker mod for 2.0 RC2.

Seriously, need more details. As I said in your other topic, the more details the better.

Escalation system? Automatic notifications?

While you and I have ideas of what a helpdesk mod would look like, I suspect they are different in how they would function. Please don't just point to another system and say "like that". Tell us how you want it to work.

Achilles.

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2009, 05:56:27 PM
Is it a bug tracker or ticket system? There's a bug tracker mod for 2.0 RC2.

Seriously, need more details. As I said in your other topic, the more details the better.

Escalation system? Automatic notifications?

While you and I have ideas of what a helpdesk mod would look like, I suspect they are different in how they would function. Please don't just point to another system and say "like that". Tell us how you want it to work.

It is like a Bug Tracker, but it isn't. It should have various departments like (Bug Report / Billing / Donations / Administrator Report / Etc.) Oh, ok. I'll try to put more details as possible below. Thanks again.  :)

Achilles.

More Description:

User's Page: (When Reporting)
(They don't need to log in since, they're using there Forum's Account)
They will go to a page title "Support System" when they click that they will be directed to a place wherein they could see above the "Report Format or a Welcome Page" Then below, they could have an option of "Opening a Ticket", So when they've opened there ticket (It should be on pending mode), if the System Representative has chosen his topic (First ticket's first), it will be going to "watching topic by: name of representative" if the problem is finish "Topic Closed" (It will not be deleted it will just be there in a page for ticket system of the user. On the page itself the user could see his own Pending and Finished Reports (History). *Btw, when sending a report: it should be also the same as the when you are opening a topic..* Though only the Appointed Staffs could see it. (And also, please allow attachements)

Staff's Page: Meaning they are the Administrator / Moderator
They will go to a page it's like the "Receiver of all Reports" It will show the "Name of Reporter / Date / Subject of Report / Department (Different Departments the users could choose; like User Report / Abuse Report - This could be added upon by the Administrator." The Staff will open the ticket who came in first. They have the option of Replying / Closing the topic.

Admin's Control:
The Admin will be the one to add a topic: Meaning like the user will choose a ticket department to send his report to, (example: sending it to Billing / Manager / Gaming Administrator / Donation) So that that users could choose for various kind of department.

Also, the admin will choose the appointed staff (Meaning the Moderators / Admin from the forum will be automatically can access this one..)

I hope this description could help. Thanks!
But yes, as I have said everything could be seen here for Future Reference, www . osticket . com/tour/ . Though there are some things that doesn't need to be in this mod.

Cheers,
Thank you very much,
A help would be much appreciated,

Achilles.

Achilles.

Arantor

DoctorMalboro

i might use some CMS i get from a website and make something, but i can't promise you anything  :)

Achilles.

Quote from: House 2009/2010 on December 31, 2009, 09:45:48 AM
i might use some CMS i get from a website and make something, but i can't promise you anything  :)

Thanks, Happy New Year!

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Though the mod in development is not 1.1.x compatible, nor do I ever think it will be. The official developers won't be writing it for 1.1.x, put it that way ;)

JBlaze

OK, here's some info.

It will be an advanced shopping cart, but likely will not support advanced sales/commissions. It is slated for SMF RC2 and future versions. As of now, there is no 1.1.x version slated for development.

Lastly, this will be a paid modification.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Achilles.

Firstly, thank you all for the replies - especially to Arantor who helped me post here on this thread. :P I have found a way on how to get the ticket system working on our Forum (We'll be using the eosupport system). Thank you all. ;)

*However, if someone wants to write this modification, FOR FREE (We are just students that will use this for our Game's Site), it would be great. Still, this modification may or maybe implemented on our Gaming Forum it is not really our priority.  ;D

Again,
Thank you very much,
Achilles.

Arantor

JBlaze is talking about something completely different... he's posted in the wrong thread, heh.

The helpdesk mod being developed is most definitely free.

Arantor

And, despite a shameless, shameless plug and double-post... it's available now from www.simpledesk.net :)

Achilles.

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 07:42:18 AM
And, despite a shameless, shameless plug and double-post... it's available now from www.simpledesk.net :)

I KNEW IT WOULD BE TODAY!!! :))

Arantor

I knew on Friday it would be today barring any bugs :P

I hating hiding it from folks, but we wanted to be as sure as we could be that 1.0 would be as bug free as possible. :)

I did upload the 1.0 to the mod site too, so that's just waiting for the team to approve it.

Achilles.

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 08:06:16 AM
I knew on Friday it would be today barring any bugs :P

I hating hiding it from folks, but we wanted to be as sure as we could be that 1.0 would be as bug free as possible. :)

I did upload the 1.0 to the mod site too, so that's just waiting for the team to approve it.

Glad you've finished it. :) This would be a great help, though we're going to upgrade our forum first to RC3. thanks arantor.

Arantor

Finished? No, no... this is just the beginning. 1.0 is the paving stone for all the *really* neat stuff to come in 1.1 and beyond... as your signature image shows ;)

Achilles.

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 08:25:21 AM
Finished? No, no... this is just the beginning. 1.0 is the paving stone for all the *really* neat stuff to come in 1.1 and beyond... as your signature image shows ;)

Well, yeah. :P Another beginning. I though this Mod request will never be approved/taken care of. Thanks to you who also helped me write this request. haha. :)

I'm expecting more feature on 1.1. =) Keep it up, Arantor.

Arantor

Oh, there's lots coming in 1.1 too, but I'll do an announcement on that in the next couple of days once I find my feet a bit... I feel quite weird right now...

Achilles.

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 08:32:12 AM
Oh, there's lots coming in 1.1 too, but I'll do an announcement on that in the next couple of days once I find my feet a bit... I feel quite weird right now...

:) Alright!

vbgamer45

Awesome! I might port this mod to 1.1.x if anyone wants it? I will use it on my sites heh.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

~DS~

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2010, 01:54:46 PM
Awesome! I might port this mod to 1.1.x if anyone wants it? I will use it on my sites heh.
O.O', it's gonna require a completely rewrite for 1.1.x and with many thousand lines of codes unless I am wrong.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

vbgamer45

Will see how big its probably will do it tonight shouldn't really take more than a day.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

~DS~

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2010, 02:06:17 PM
Will see how big its probably will do it tonight shouldn't really take more than a day.
It's huge...:P
BTW...to port to 1.1.x wouldn't you need Arantor's permission?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Arantor

Actually, no he doesn't. The licence fully allows him to do so. We're not required to support a 1.1.x version, nor are we required to make it official.

All I can say is good luck on that score.

vbgamer45

Yeah I am still pretty much all SMF 1.1.x at this point. I only have smfshop.com on SMF 2.0 but I could sure use a helpdesk!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

There's nothing stopping you doing so and even redistributing it (BSD licence FTW!) however be warned that it isn't a small job, there's just so much that's 2.0 centric, most importantly Subs-SimpleDesk.php, shd_db_query().

I don't envy you attempting it, we made the decision pretty much day 1 not to support 1.1 because it would be enough work to just get it to work on 2.0...

You'll find a lot of the posting stuff will simplify down a bit because the WYSIWYG editor won't be applicable so much.

If you're serious, http://www.simpledesk.net/development/api/ will definitely help you along.

~DS~

* Dismal Shadow headesk himself not noticing about the BSD licence

vbgamer45

I like the BSD license hoping we can get it for SMF 2.0! That's the only open source license I would use for my stuff. Use it on pretty urls too!.

Well at least I can check it out and see how it works move it along in the mod approval queue.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

flapjack

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2010, 02:33:01 PM
I like the BSD license hoping we can get it for SMF 2.0! That's the only open source license I would use for my stuff. Use it on pretty urls too!.

Well at least I can check it out and see how it works move it along in the mod approval queue.
why don't you use it for all your mods then? ;)

~DS~

Quote from: flapjack on April 05, 2010, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2010, 02:33:01 PM

why don't you use it for all your mods then? ;)
Because some of his mods are paid therefore the license is different.

Arantor

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 05, 2010, 02:32:00 PM

Considering that it's in the install screen readme in full, as well as in the package...

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on April 05, 2010, 02:56:20 PM
Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 05, 2010, 02:32:00 PM

Considering that it's in the install screen readme in full, as well as in the package...
That's my problem :P considering which is why I never understood the BSD licence until I google them. :P

Arantor

* Arantor thinks you didn't read the bit under the licence then...

QuoteLoosely translated (and this bit isn't the legal wording)
* You can pass it on to others but you have to leave the copyright in the files, including derived/modified versions

* You can't use the name of SimpleDesk to promote something without asking us first.

It's a massively simplified version though...

~DS~

Advertisement: