News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[RESOLVED]Zero posts after converting

Started by pittu, December 27, 2009, 11:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittu

I converted Vbulletin 3.8.1 to smf 1.1.11

Conversion went smoothly except some error at the end but in the forums it was said to ignore that error.

Now half of the forums showing zero posts on index page. (Actually the threads and posts are there) But still showing 0 on index page.

JBlaze

Run the maintenance tasks in Admin -> Forum Maintenance -> Find and repair any errors and also run recalculate forum totals and stats
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

pittu

Did that. No use. Still zero posts.

Chid forums showing correct thread and post numbers. They are not showing up on index page though.

When I clicked on 'Find any repairs and errors' > got a list of errors. Delete them?

pittu

Boards > settings > Count Childs posts in Parents total > checked it.

Norv

Quote from: pittu on December 28, 2009, 12:00:29 AM
Did that. No use. Still zero posts.

Chid forums showing correct thread and post numbers. They are not showing up on index page though.

Can you please post a screenshot or link to your site for us to be sure we see exactly what you mean?
As JBlaze noted, recounting statistics should have recounted the post counts for boards, and the main page should display them. I wonder if you might have child boards of any depth, as SMF counts in the parent only the first child.

Quote from: pittu on December 28, 2009, 12:00:29 AM
When I clicked on 'Find any repairs and errors' > got a list of errors. Delete them?

Can you please post here the errors ?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

pittu

I fixed it. (please see my above post.)

thank you.

Advertisement: