News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BlueSkies

Started by Mick., December 29, 2009, 04:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick.

Link to the theme

Blueskies a very simple Curve Theme variant, White on Blue color.

Terms of use :

This theme is free for personal and commercial use. You are allowed to use it in your projects, change it and adapt for your purposes. You are not allowed to remove the authors copyright.

Demo: BlueSkies Demo

saintsinner

i get this error whenever i try to install this theme.

QuoteUnable to load the 'main_above' template.

any ideas?

Mick.

A css file was missing.  Fixed

I wish SMF lets me remove packages :-\

Confusimo

Very nice, using right now.  Except my bottom section looks bad.

http://www.activeboards.org/index.php

Or is it just me.  Left corner bottoms not so rounded.  And top right above "activeboards - Info Center" that extra blue strip looks bad.  Or could be my mac but safari, firefox, and flock all show the same.

kenet

very nice, but there are many pictures for editing. are many color changes.

Thomas Alva Edison dijo:

"No fracasé, sólo descubrí 999 maneras de como no hacer una bombilla."

Mick.

Quote from: Confusimo on December 30, 2009, 02:15:54 AM
Very nice, using right now.  Except my bottom section looks bad.

http://www.activeboards.org/index.php

Or is it just me.  Left corner bottoms not so rounded.  And top right above "activeboards - Info Center" that extra blue strip looks bad.  Or could be my mac but safari, firefox, and flock all show the same.

Its not your browser.  Its a mistake.  Ill fix this in a little while.

Mick.

Fixed.   Remove old an download new.  The one with 324kb in size.

smp420

This theme is very nice. Except in the newer version the gray strip at the top is gone.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Confusimo

Ya, and no rounded corners this  time.  Looked better with rounded corners.

Confusimo

Well I fixed the bar issue.  I don't know about the rest but I fixed the bar issue.

smp420

Actually I think the old version was a little bit too rounded and the new one isn't rounded enough, I think somewhere in between would make it look great. Also the 2 bars on the info center should be rounded.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Confusimo

Or like this round on top and bottom and square in the middle.  It took a while to do but I finally got it right I think.

smp420

Confusimo

Oh wow, much better.  Nice cleanup smp420

smp420

It wasnt hard at all I just used parts from the header turned upside down.

Confusimo

That's what I did.  But also you added the border around the bottom section top and bottom where the sides are grey.

Confusimo

Oh, and also some text is too light and hard to read.  Under main page under unread posts the links are hard to read.  Also when you click on a board like general discussion for example all the links there.  Plus navigation links on top that tell you what forum you are in.  What in index.css is the color for  those links???

John Higgins

I don't see the picture, because it's small.
Please give us a bigger picture!

Confusimo

Oh btw, the buttons were looking a little crowded in the menu so I moved the curve up a little.

smp420

Yes I noticed that and I was going to move them down a little bit in the css but your idea is better I did this as well and I cleaned up the fading at the top http://www.gamerforumz.com/test/ I think it came out pretty good. Time for me to setup a new site to use this theme. Thanks BlueDevil for making this theme and I hope you dont mind us posting our theme changes here.

Confusimo

I still prefer a little more space but it look much better now.  I'm going to try this on my forums and see how it looks.

Confusimo

Ok, not bad looks pretty good.  But the grey text and links were hard to read so I changed it around.  Mad eit all black.

Now just a few issues.  On top in the header it says hello admin and the date under neath.  That and the words "variant by" in the footer copyright are still grey.  Can't figure out what causes that.  Where in index.css.

Zoric

Confusimo

I found it.  In index.css  Footer section.  2 thing with the # sign.  Change to #000000.  And in index.css also search for #cecece.  Change to #000000 also.  The problem with this is that it is black copyright and hard to read.  But if I change the standard links to #a6a6a6 to make the footer copyright easier to read then it becomes hard to read everything else (board links).  The problem is the footer doesn't have seperate links section from the rest of the board.  I can use <font color=""> but that is outdated.

Confusimo

There was more but I fixed the links issue.  But I just noticed in internet explorer it still smushes the top links.  We need to make it bigger.  Add more padding.  1 more time smp240 please.

smp420

Although the header on my test site is about 15 px bigger and works fine I changed it for you. This is also cleaned up a little more. And also I got bored so I started on a purple variation of this theme just for fun look at www.gamerforumz.com/test

Confusimo

Actually I found the problem.  It looks fine.  It is when you log out it gets smushed.  When you log in it goes back to normal.  At least in ie 8 on my moms windows 7 it does.

Confusimo

It's not much but as you can see it does go up a little when logged out so that helps, thanks.

Confusimo

Purple doesn't really flow.  But try these instead anyway.

coldy316

is there any chances of doing this theme in a liter blue color, more like a sky blue but not to dark and not to lite
something like this would be very nice..

I'm not good at this stuff but would like to see more themes base from this kind of color.

Would you believe it that i live in gods country
Australia

MordyT

Question:

I know this is a fluid theme. Is there a way I could "break" it so that it become a fixed width?
Thanks!
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

Mick.

Quote from: MordyT on February 15, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
Question:

I know this is a fluid theme. Is there a way I could "break" it so that it become a fixed width?
Thanks!

Sure,.... go to admin--->configuration--->theme settings--->Forum width:

Costa

You forgot to add your ID on the copyright.

-Costa
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Mick.

Quote from: Costa on February 15, 2010, 04:44:03 PM
You forgot to add your ID on the copyright.

-Costa

Im sorry?

Nevermind,  fixed. ;)

Costa

In index.template.php

<li>Variant by <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile" target="_blank" class="new_win" title=""><span><b>BlueDevil</b></span></a></li>

must be
<li>Variant by <a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=66180" target="_blank" class="new_win" title=""><span><b>BlueDevil</b></span></a></li>

;)

-Costa
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

Mick.

Costa

heh, cool, btw, congrats for the theme, is very cool and professional :)

-Costa

Mick.

Quote from: Costa on February 15, 2010, 05:44:26 PM
heh, cool, btw, congrats for the theme, is very cool and professional :)

-Costa

Thanx C!  My first and prolly the last one....lol.   I think i want to tinker with mods instead.

The theme itself waqs extremely easy. I think it took 2 hrs lol.  I guess it could look better.

Costa

But you did a nice job, really, I'm using as a secondary theme in one of my foruns.

-Costa

Mick.

Quote from: Costa on February 15, 2010, 05:48:44 PM
But you did a nice job, really, I'm using as a secondary theme in one of my foruns.

-Costa

Oh wow, that means a lot coming from a staff member.   

Very cool. ;)

Costa

I'm not a staff member, heh
Just a simple Language Moderator with Good taste :P

-Costa

Mick.

Quote from: Costa on February 15, 2010, 05:53:36 PM
I'm not a staff member, heh
Just a simple Language Moderator with Good taste :P

-Costa

lol.... at least you have a badge!

Costa

I help with or without a badge. What matters is the attitude towards the community.
Ok, too much off-topic xD If you need something you can pm'me

-Costa

Mick.

Quote from: Costa on February 15, 2010, 06:07:32 PM
I help with or without a badge. What matters is the attitude towards the community.
Ok, too much off-topic xD If you need something you can pm'me

-Costa

You bet.

MordyT

Quote from: BlueDevil on February 15, 2010, 04:25:04 PM
Quote from: MordyT on February 15, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
Question:

Thanks!

Sure,.... go to admin--->configuration--->theme settings--->Forum width:

n00b moment of mine...I should have remembered that...

Anyways, thanks! One last question...I want it to display perfect for 1024*768. 900px is the correct amount? more? less?

Mick.

Quote from: MordyT on February 15, 2010, 11:21:11 PM

n00b moment of mine...I should have remembered that...

Anyways, thanks! One last question...I want it to display perfect for 1024*768. 900px is the correct amount? more? less?

I forget whats the width but i usually use 1000px.

MordyT

next question...
How would I get rid of the white lines...
This is the aeva media mod if that makes a difference...

Mick.

Quote from: MordyT on February 24, 2010, 09:56:17 PM
next question...
How would I get rid of the white lines...
This is the aeva media mod if that makes a difference...

If the theme looked fine before uploading aeva mod, then the mod didnt load right.

No, you cannot rid if of the white lines as the entire forum is one image.         

main_block.png

MordyT

I manually installed the mod...as I have 56 other mods (various forums) before it...
The rest of the site is fine, just this one area...

I am going to do a clean install, your theme, and the aeva mod on a test board and see what happens... I have a feeling the same thing will happen...

Mick.

Its seems that the menu_gfx.png wasnt loaded.

SaltedWeb

Not sure this is supported, I noticed the site name in the top left is Grey not white,
I tried a couple browsers and a smart phone and its light grey can you tell me where in the theme this can be changed to white ?

Thanks.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Deaks

if you are using the forum title and no logo look in the index.css for

h1.forumtitle
{
line-height: 45px;
font-size: 1.8em;
font-family: Geneva, verdana, sans-serif;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
float: left;
}

and update it to read

h1.forumtitle, h1.forumtitle a
{
color: white;
}

fwiw i havent tested the code
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

SaltedWeb

Thank You I will give it a try. :)
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Quote from: BryanD on November 28, 2017, 09:42:41 PM
if you are using the forum title and no logo look in the index.css for

h1.forumtitle
{
}

and update it to read

h1.forumtitle, h1.forumtitle a
{
color: white;
}

fwiw i havent tested the code

Appreciate the idea, its didn't change it however I was able to make it black which on that blue makes it easier to see so will  consider it solved for thanks again.

Advertisement: