Having problem with membergroups

Started by s3rg, July 28, 2011, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s3rg

Hello all,

I indeed browsed and searched forum for the problem I am having, but unlucky to find an exact answer. Let me point at the problem;

I have a small forum, with few membergroups under "Regular groups" where one is "administrator", one is "moderator" and two other membergroups are named "regular member" and "basic user". I put the each member into the group they fit (groups obviously have specific access to the topics and sections on the forum), but the option there under "Membergroups/Edit membergroups/Post count based groups" is making me problems. Lets say I put a member into a "basic user" group, who should have access to 7 topics of 11 on the forum, but because of the settings in the "Post count based groups", this user sees the whole forum, not only those visible boards I set in the "Membergroups/Edit membergroups/basic user/visible boards/show boards". Under "Post count based groups" I have 5 groups for 5 stars collecting, maybe that is a problem? Because settings in those groups have all checked in "visible boards". So when I set a member into a group "basic user", the forum sees this user's post count and automatically shows him the whole forum, without any restrictions.

Might be a silly question, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong with the settings there. Simply said I would just need this:

- 4 member groups (administrator, moderator, regular member, basic user)
- each group should have their specific access on the forum
- at the same time, post count should work and collecting stars but not affecting the board access permissions

Maybe the problem is that I have 4 groups under "Regular groups" and 5 under "Post count based groups". I wanted to erase all those under "Post count based groups", but there is always one left and causing problems. If I set settings in that one with some restrictions, then all groups from "Regular groups" are affected and see restricted access.

Thanks a lot for any support!

Mark

Sir Osis of Liver

Spent a couple of hours wrestling with this last night.  It's a 2.0 topic, but pretty much the same in 1.1.1x.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=444236.0

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: