News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Avatar function (Personalized Picture) missing

Started by Burtie, December 30, 2009, 08:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burtie

Hi,

I'm using 1.1.11 and seem to have lost the option to use Avatars for all members including Admin. I'm not sure when this happened....any ideas please?

Thanks

kat

What do you mean by "Lost the option"?

Is the directory write-protected?

Burtie

Hi kat,

I mean the personalized Picture ( Avatar ) no longer appears in profiles. I'm not sure what happend as we have users with Avatars, even myself as Admin don't have the option to select or alter my Avatar any more.

Would be grateful for your assistance.

Arantor

When did this change? What changed in your forum the same time this changed?

Burtie

Arantor,

As odd as it may sound, I don't know when the problem started. My forum has been active for years and I've never had any major problems before. A member recently said they could not change their Avatar, so it was then when I started looking at the problem.

Most recently I've changed from 1.1.10 to 1.1.11
I don't have many mods but the most recent have been "Aeva Auto embed Video" and I also added a couple of smiley sets recently.

When I navigate to Avatar settings, I have all permissions checked for each member group.

Cheers

Arantor

I take it that includes being able to select from a gallery of avatars?

Burtie

Arantor,

Yes, the whole thing is missing. The top line of profile information is "Personal text"

Do you have an idea where my problem could be?

Arantor

Burtie

Arantor,

I don't have many mods, those which I installed last year ie yellow Christmas smiley set and AEVA video mod - I have now uninstalled and the problem still exists. FYI other mods I have are Anti Bot Reg Puzzles, Yarex smiley set and  Ad Management.

I am using the Dilber Theme...

Burtie

Hi,

Given this:

// This is the avatar selection table that is only displayed if avatars are enabled!
if (!empty($modSettings['avatar_allow_server_stored']) || !empty($modSettings['avatar_allow_external_url']) || !empty($modSettings['avatar_allow_upload']))
{

Where do I look to find out if I have avatars enabled?

Thanks

kat

Admin>Permissions?

Click "Modify", beside a membergroup and look bottom-right of the General Permissions section.

Burtie

Kat,

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked there and all three options for Avatars are checked.

Should mine as Admin work anyway, as I would have all permissions set by default?

FYI....many of our members have avatars, including myself, so its worked fine in the past. Its just recently that the function has disappeared.

kat

Just a quick double-check, here...

The avatars directory, along with everything inside it...
Everything IS write-enabled, yes?

Burtie

Hi Kat,

Thanks for your help...

Just to confirm. Attachments = 777, avatars = 777, actors = 755 and musicians = 755

kat

Hmmm. Only other thing that I can think of is the path to your avatars directory.

Admin>Attachments and Avatars>Avatar settings.

The path'll be something like /home/yoursite/public_html/avatars and the url'll be pretty obvious...

Burtie

Hi,

Avatars directory is; /var/www/html/forum/avatars

Avatars URL; mysite/forum/avatars

Is there anything I can check in my database to ensure the permissions have been set correctly there? Or doesn't it work like that?

kat

Shot in the dark, here.

Are the avatars all fine'n'dandy, if you use the SMF default theme?

Advertisement: