News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Eots Dzine - Call Of Duty (Curve RC3)

Started by stikkki, January 02, 2010, 04:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stikkki

Link to the theme

Call of Duty - Curve 2.0RC3

Black/Grey/green theme based on Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare 2

DEMO

NOTE: THIS THEME ISNT A COLOR VARIATION IT CONTAINS EDITS TO SOME FILES THAT COULD REQUIRE SOME MODS NEEDING  A MANUAL EDIT(S)  - PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE INSTALLING

Static drop down menu that as the name says stays static - positioned at the top of the screen below browser tabs
Header rearranged and large logo added into header
Smaller logo added to top of header (this can be chaged by uploading image named smflogo.png to theme image folder
Res 1024 and above
Tested in: FF3.5.5, IE8, Chrome 3.0.195.33, Safari 4.0.4, Opera 9.64

Theme Updated to 2.0RC3

Changes:

- Theme Widened
- Menu Widened
- Seperated Redirect text from the redirects figure to balance layout better
- Added a higher main_block.png image - adding things like shoutbox's and adverts to curve themes can cause upper_section (header) image to "break", this extra 200px height helps prevent that
- Edited a couple of $txt strings to shorten some unecessarily lengthy button/link text

Credits:

Icons by FamFam Silk

MordyT

Awesome Man! This is great! Will report any bugs I find!
Want to see SMF in action? Head over to RvOClan.info

bullbreedluverz

MordyT

Ok, found a little bug, nothing huge...

It is discolored by the registration bar
See screenshot.

This might be because of the mod "Registration Read" that I installed...

Also, caps on detection mod does not want to install with package manager due to errors in index - I know you made a disclaimer, just letting other people know...

bullbreedluverz

that problem can be fixed by

find in index.css

/* Buttons should be styled a bit differently, in order to make them look more button'ish. */
.button_submit, .button_reset
{
background: #cde7ff url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat;
border: 1px solid #aaa;
cursor: pointer;
font-weight: normal;
}
input:hover, textarea:hover, button:hover, select:hover
{
border: solid 1px #454545;
}
.button_submit:hover, .button_reset:hover
{
background: url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat 0 -218px #cde7ff;
}

replace with
/* Buttons should be styled a bit differently, in order to make them look more button'ish. */
.button_submit, .button_reset
{
background: #5B5C5E url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat;
cursor: pointer;
font-weight: normal;
}
input:hover, textarea:hover, button:hover, select:hover
{
border: solid 1px #454545;
}
.button_submit:hover, .button_reset:hover
{
background: url(../images/theme/submit_bg.png) no-repeat 0 -218px #5B5C5E;
}

i will update the package in the morning to rectify this minor issue that only seems to occur when a minimum age is set in registration settings

bullbreedluverz

package updated to include the above edit

i have also been asked for an alternative image to the "Modern Warfare 2" but with the number 2 removed from the logo so ive attatched .png (this can be uploaded to the themes image folder as it is)

and

.psp & .psd format logo

these are layered images which can be edited and will need saving as .png to be added to the theme

MordyT

Awesome! Thank you for your hard work. Keep it up and if you need any help, I would be glad to "give back" to you by helping any way I could.

EDIT: Attached the favicon I found on the internet. Maybe someone else would like to use it.

CHUMBAZ

Can you check the Package manager in Admin..
The Buttons are there but they have no descriptions and only appear when u hover the cursor over them...I'll grab a screenie asap and post back...

bullbreedluverz

hi, the package manager button text isnt controlled by the theme, that will be called from the Default themes language files and the theme doesnt contain the a language file so it's called form the default theme.

rd

I tried this and didn't like it because the too banner dent show up, so I removed it and installed Warcraft theme(I love it!)

I have a few questions:

I deleted the theme, but it is still in the server. Should I delete it by FTP?

I noticed that the theme changes a lot of files. Since I removed it, will I still have to manually add some mods?

Thanks you, for suppport.

Love the Warecraft theme! Default as of now.

bullbreedluverz

hi, im unsure as to why the banner didnt show up, you should of posted here after you saw the problem and i would of had a look at it for you

if you want to remove it from your server just do as you said and delete it via FTP

once a theme is removed it has no relevance to mods, although clearly the world of warcraft theme has file edits that may require some mods being manually added to that theme

rd

Quote from: stikkki on January 05, 2010, 06:41:31 PM
hi, im unsure as to why the banner didnt show up, you should of posted here after you saw the problem and i would of had a look at it for you

if you want to remove it from your server just do as you said and delete it via FTP

once a theme is removed it has no relevance to mods, although clearly the world of warcraft theme has file edits that may require some mods being manually added to that theme

Dammit! But I still love it. I think that this theme is too slim >___< one one of the big reason I removed it.

But I like WoW theme and I plan to keep it.

JJMPSP

one of the best smf themes i have ever seen !

is it possible to edit the main call of duty logo though (the one with 5 soldiers in it)
i would like to edit this, apart from that, brilliant work, keep it up ! :)

Thank you.

bullbreedluverz

attatched is the header image in layered format so you can edit any part of it

just upload it after you have edited it to the themes image folder

JJMPSP

thanks again to you.
you are a kind guy :)

JJMPSP

hmm :(
not sure if i am doing something wrong, but how do i open this sort of file with photoshop ?
or do i need to use another program to open the file ?

bullbreedluverz

JJMPSP

this just keeps getting better, thanks once again  ;D

bullbreedluverz

MordyT

Any way I could get some default avatars that go along with this theme?

Advertisement: