News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

DB field types

Started by studiowi33, December 15, 2010, 02:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studiowi33

Hi all--

Can I change the 'body' field type in phpmyadmin in the smf_messages table? On the fly? I'm under the impression that that's where the actual post substance resides. (1.1.12)

Right now it uses a 'text' field type, and once in a blue moon, 65,000+ isn't enough to hold a member's post.

Can I change it to 'mediumtext' now and not have it adversely affect what is in the rest of db?

Pardon my newbity. Any other thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
SMF 2.0.2

DoctorMalboro

I think in 1.1.12 you can change the size of the post... but it wouldn't be such a good idea (i think), they would be a really long query. Can the just split the whole content in pieces?

Arantor

Just use the admin area to change the max size of the post, it should resize the column to mediumtext for you.

luuuciano

I have faced this limitation, but in the body field of queue table (when sending a newsletter...)
So, it is truncating newsletter nearly to 20kb (as it sends contents as texts, and encoded as base64, twice?)

It will be safe to just change that field type to mediumtext using phpmyadmin?

--
I have wrote about this "limitation" here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=475308.0 (just to link things)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Advertisement: