News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Admin Dropdown

Started by Matthew K., January 03, 2010, 10:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Meaning, somewhere in the declaration of the empty statement it's not calling up properly, or something to do with the text strings?

Arantor

And no errors in the error log of any kind?

Matthew K.

Ha, there are, but they are undefined errors from a mod I am developing that I've not fully hooked up yet.

Matthew K.

I looked through quite a few, and they all were related to my other unfinished mod, nothing to do with this one.

Arantor

Well, it kind of must be, actually, because right now you're getting an empty answer from an expression that shouldn't be generating a null answer.

Matthew K.

I went through the top 6 error pages with no luck (all from my unfinished mod, which has a ton of arrays.).

So what I'm going to do is remove my unfinished mod and then clear the error logs and see if it comes up.
Labradoodle-360

Matthew K.

Cleared my unfinished mod from Load.php which fixed all Undefined errors, cleared the Error Log and it REMAINS clean.

Arantor

// A bug in some versions of IIS under CGI (older ones) makes cookie setting not work with Location: headers.
$context['server']['needs_login_fix'] = $context['server']['is_cgi'] && $context['server']['is_iis'];

// Detect the browser. This is separated out because it's also used in attachment downloads
detectBrowser();

$cursortext = array(1 => $txt['cursor_default'], 2 => $txt['cursor_crosshair'], 3 => $txt['cursor_hand'], 4 => $txt['cursor_pointer'], 5 => $txt['cursor_move'], 6 => $txt['cursor_text'], 7 => $txt['cursor_wait']);
global $txt;
$context['html_headers'] .='<style type="text/css">
body
{
cursor: ' . (!empty($modSettings['forum_cursor']) ? ''. $cursortext[(int) $modSettings['forum_cursor']] . '' : 'auto') . ';
}
</style>';

Matthew K.

Thanks, I'll test it out.

Matthew K.

Arantor

Right... so errors in the error log? Other symptoms?

Matthew K.

I confirmed the problem is with text strands. I tested replacing $txt['cursor_crosshair'] with "crosshair" and selecting crosshair and it worked. So I assume it's the case of moving global $txt; above the $cursortext array correct?

Matthew K.

Doesn't work moving it above, where should I globalize $txt? Or could this be a problem of having the text strands in the wrong place?

Arantor

Bleh, yeah of course it should be there.

I'm curious why no undefined index errors came up.

You DID empty the cache, right?

Matthew K.

Okay, even with global $txt; above the $cursortext array, the output is the same, the text isn't being added.

Cleared cache again just to clarify, and no change in the mod itself, nor the error logs.

Matthew K.

I have also confirmed the text is properly inputted into Modifications.english.php, and it also shows up in the Admin array.

Matthew K.

Anyone have further ideas on this? I'd like to get this finished up shortly.

Labradoodle-360

Arantor

OK so what's in the database for that modSetting?

Matthew K.

What table are the modSettings stored in?

Arantor

smf_settings, contains two columns, left column is the name of the mod setting, right column is its value.

Advertisement: