attachment file maintenance loops/hangs

Started by timned88, January 03, 2010, 06:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timned88

i am trying to run attachment file maintenance and it just keeps refreshing the screen over and over and over...  (pauses to not overload server) but never appears to do anything.  running 2.0rc1-2.  anyone?

karlbenson

timned88

6700. Give or take. 
the forum is telling me 23gigs of size but there is a problem in there somewhere because smf is reporting the largest attachment is 750kb.  750kb x 6700 = 5.025gigs.  not sure where the other 18 is being hidden.

i upgraded to smf 2 rc2 and it still hasn't fixed that issue.  anyone?

Ryan

This happens to mine too but i dont think about it cos tis very rarely i use it, windows server
16 dif attachment locations
and 500,000 atachments.

greyknight17

timned88, is this issue resolved now? If not, are you just trying to run the maintenance or actually deleting the attachments that are old?

Do you have anything in your forum error log when this problem occurs? I suggest checking your server error log as well since it may probably provide more information for us. Ask your webhost to give you this log if you don't have access to it.

whoey

I've encountered this same issue... as it is:

Total Attachments:
Total Avatars:
Total Size of Attachment Directory:
    3908780.72 kB
Total Space Available in Attachment Directory:
    1139219.28 kB

Running the "Attachment Integrity Check" hangs at 2% complete, at first I thought it was partially due to the admin session time (automatically kicking out even though I had left the routine running in a tab) but with that disabled it never seems to progress any further. The forum owner does not want to delete anything.

aside from this thread, the only other similarly related one I could find was http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=468966.0

We're running SMF 2.0.5, which has been upgraded through each main 2.x release and was migrated from a 1.x version.

whoey

further info, seems to hang at step=0;substep=25500

I have manually bumped the substep up until it started progressing again and managed to fix some of the integrity errors. I also had to bump the repair substep for it to not hang eternally either.

I noticed looking at the sql that older attached files don't have the file_hash in smf_attachments there are about 12500 entries without the file_hash

Also, SMF reports nearly 4GB of attachments, whereas the actual attachments directory is only 2GB

Chas Large

I too have this same problem. My check doesn't time out, it just goes on and on and on....

I applied the "Fix" suggested by "Oldiesman" in the thread mentioned in reply #6, (here but to no avail, the process just never gets beyond 4% in it's initial check. I ran it early this morning and gave up after one and a half hours.

I have THREE attachment directories:

Path    Current Size (KB)    Files    Status
One     3629409.75            11601    OK
Two      1055336.23            5927    OK
Three   2763.01                    26            OK

Total Attachments: 9069
Total Avatars: 456
Total Size of Current Attachment Directory: 2763.01 kB
Total Space Available in Current Attachment Directory: No maximum directory size is currently set

I only created the third directory when the problem started to manifest itself.

Is there a manual MySql Query I can run on the database to do the same check? Or any other advice?
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

a10

Looks familiar, got a working solution after some weeks, maybe applies to your case as well >
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=518882.msg3680009#msg3680009 
Topics also in Charter Members help & Helpdesk.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Chas Large

Thanks A10, yes that change worked for me and the check and repair completed in a matter of minutes.

Much appreciated. :)
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Advertisement: