?action=search2;search=

Started by smartdeviceresource, January 03, 2010, 11:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smartdeviceresource

Quote from: Arantor on April 06, 2010, 04:27:39 PM
Because this site is using as I already mentioned the Search Focus Dropdown mod which changes things.
???
actually no you didn't and that would have answered this much quicker ;) (the closest you came to mentioning this is
Quote from: Arantor on April 06, 2010, 02:39:18 PM
I'll use SimpleDesk for this because we don't have the Search Focus dropdown installed.
which only in hind sight with the statement "Because this site is using as I already mentioned the Search Focus Dropdown mod which changes things" makes it understandable that you mean that this site is using this mod
to other poster in this thread
Arantor refers to this modification
I will add this mod to my site
Thank you as always Arantor :D
after some thought, i've learned to be humble and leave the answering to the experts, until i too am an expert.  sorry to anyone who I've confused, with my answers

Arantor

I don't think it does what you think it does...

But hey, hope it works out for you.

smartdeviceresource

???

see now you've confused me again

what do you mean.  your previous statement seems to make it seem that it would be the solution.
Obviously you are assuming you are saying things and not actually saying them

I asked why can this site do it
you said because it uses this mod
I say oh good then I'll try this mod
you say mod doesn't do this

Please I beg of you to be clear :(
after some thought, i've learned to be humble and leave the answering to the experts, until i too am an expert.  sorry to anyone who I've confused, with my answers

Arantor

No, I simply said it was what was different. I don't know exactly what they've changed about it either.

You know you could always look at the HTML code in the template...

smartdeviceresource

I have looked at the HTML/PHP in the template (my template not the one with this mod as I've only just learned about the mod, and I don't have the templates for the actual SMF site ;) )
Here I'll reprint it (although I think it helps no one because it returns to the original question of how to change the form action URL
The very first line is where i beleive (and have since before starting the thread) needs changing but how to change to get it to do the correct thing is the question
form id="search_form" action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '">
<input type="text" name="search" value="" class="input_text" />&nbsp;
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="', $txt['search'], '" class="button_submit" />
<input type="hidden" name="advanced" value="0" />';

// Search within current topic?
if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="topic" value="', $context['current_topic'], '" />';
// If we're on a certain board, limit it to this board ;).
elseif (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="brd[', $context['current_board'], ']" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

echo '</form>

The Mod (you referenced) does not replace the scripturl action so isn't the issue. 

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

smartdeviceresource

Joker™

i was also trying on it today

Just found something curious that

If u do manupulation with link in url

yoursite.com/index.php?action=search2;search=(something)         <<< [this works]

yoursite.com/index.php?action=search2;smf=(something)          <<<[this doesn't]

so it means it's somewhere declared we can use search after action=search2;

if i get a solution to make it permanent , i'll surely post here.

I request some senior member also to help out in this request :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

smartdeviceresource

yup that's what I'm looking for is for the actual search whenever a search happens to have this manipulation happen automatically :)

Joker™

in a very vague way i managed to give the property to linktree.(In my test site , not sure of change completely)

umm like after making a search you go to result page .

on that page linktree has branch "Search results" , so what i did for test is that if u click that branch it will convert link to the desired link. This can also be alternatively used... as after making the search click Search results and the url will get changed to the one we both are looking for:)

If someone now can tell that how the link for result page is generate i might be able to convert the main link also.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

have started to work on a replacement search box and have this so far

also please excuses the sloppy code as i'm NOT a coder but i'm at least trying lol

<form action="http://localhost/rc3/index.php">
  <input name="action=search2;search" type="text" size="20" />
  <input type="submit" value="Go" />
</form>

it's working ok BUT i'm having problems with special characters as the output is supposed to look like this:

http://localhost/rc3/index.php?action=search2;search=test

but it's looking like this:

http://localhost/rc3/index.php?action%3Dsearch2%3Bsearch=test

as you can see it works ok but it doesn't like the = and ; in the input box but if there's a way round that then it'll work fine and will integrate nicely with smf

Joker™

in which file are you making those changes ?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

Quote from: Joker™ on July 22, 2010, 12:44:55 PM
in which file are you making those changes ?

atm none it's just a stand alone script (change action= to your forum url and just save it as a .html file) but it'll be in 'index.template.php' when it's done but the problem i listed needs to be fixed and it also needs to be styled to 'look right'

but that isn't a big problem atm as the special characters problem needs fixing first

Joker™

instead of

<input name="action=search2;search" type="text" size="20" />

try this
<input name="?action=search2;search" type="text" size="20" />
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

that'll just put a second question mark there and that's not going to help

again the only problem stopping that script from working is the = and ; not being parsed correctly

Joker™

why don't make it as

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2;search" type="text" size="20">
</form>
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

Quote from: Joker™ on July 22, 2010, 01:09:57 PM
why don't make it as

<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=search2;search" type="text" size="20">
</form>

did that doesn't work

Joker™

i'll still say something has to be done in source files
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

smartdeviceresource

Wow thanks for working on this guys, I've been banging my head on a wall with this one :)

steve51184

np but have you guys tried anything as i seem to be the only one posting code/ideas

Advertisement: