News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

"YabbSE and Coppermine to SMF" problem

Started by jns, May 13, 2005, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jns

I spent a long time searching in the archives for an answer to my trouble and found none, so please forgive me if the answer has already been provided elsewhere.

I had been running the last release of YabbSE with Coppermine 1.3.2 bridged to run with it. Yesterday I upgraded YabbSE to SMF 1.0.3.

Except for a server problem that I fixed, I have not had trouble with SMF. However, the Coppermine gallery no longer works.

Now the only thing that is displayed on the Coppermine index page is "Hacking attempt..."

Has anyone else experienced this? Can I fix it with an SMF/Coppermine bridge? Any suggestions?

jns

Am I the only person who's had this problem?

Grudge

I would guess it would be something to do with the bridge? I would recommend upgrading coppermine (It should get it to the latest version and not lose anything and fix it!), and then try the SMF bridge.
I'm only a half geek really...

jns

Quote from: Grudge on May 16, 2005, 11:55:00 AM
I would guess it would be something to do with the bridge? I would recommend upgrading coppermine (It should get it to the latest version and not lose anything and fix it!), and then try the SMF bridge.

Close, but not quite.

Upgrading Coppermine and installing the SMF bridge gave me the following errors:
QuoteNotice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 73

Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 77

Warning: main(/Settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 77

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/Settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 77

This was when I set the path of the Settings file to the same path I used in the YabbSE bridge.

When I changed the path to the full path there and in two other references to Settings.php, the gallery now displays properly, except I still get at the top of the page the following error message:
QuoteNotice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 73

Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/gallery/bridge/smf.inc.php on line 77

Any clues what's wrong?

Grudge

What is on lines 70-80 in smf.inc.php? I've no experience of the bridge I'm afraid.
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

You need to edit smf.inc.php and set $path to whatever the path to your SMF directory is (relative to Coppermine's index.php is, so you'll want to start it off with ".." to get outside of the Coppermine directory. The bridge file attempts to automatically detect it using $path and six other commonly used paths (.., ../forum, ../forums, ../smf, ../community and ../yabbse), but there are a couple of bugs in that code, so it actually loops through 8 times, and then goes on to the require_once($possible_paths[$correct] . '/Settings.php'); statement even though it never actually found Settings.php...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

jns

Quote from: Oldiesmann on May 23, 2005, 10:56:15 PM
You need to edit smf.inc.php and set $path to whatever the path to your SMF directory is (relative to Coppermine's index.php is...

The information I got at coppermine.sourceforge.net [nofollow] is essentially the same. Thanks.

Advertisement: