Forum menu in Admin's panel...

Started by ~DS~, January 07, 2010, 03:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~DS~

...is gone. I mean disappear. I know it was cause by some mod which I accidentally deleted in the file. I'm they are easy to put back by using the menu's code. The pic I attached is from a test forum.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

~DS~

Can someone please tell me how to get this menu back?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

KensonPlays

unless you have alot of mods. delete all files for you installation and reupload them using same database info, there you go (keeps members, posts, etc...)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

~DS~

Geez, I had to do it the easy way: upload the upgrade package and extract them then delete the upgrade.php and I'm back. Doing this affect the forum? Any side effect?
Well I guess it's time install those mods all over again...

Arantor

Huuhh what, reinstall for a user option? I don't think that's entirely necessary.

There should be a << arrow on the right hand side of the screen.

EDIT: Sorry, no that's not what you meant.

Attach Sources/Admin.php and I'll take a look.

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Tyrsson

KCmartz, it was not necessary to have the user do a file refresh. Was most likely some code that was out of order in the Admin menu array or possibly a language string problem. Many times when a mod is added or removed the menu arrays may actually have sections that are commented out and part of the menu will appear to have been lost.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Advertisement: