Help with new installation

Started by andyroe, January 08, 2010, 02:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyroe

Hi,
I have recently been setting up a new forum using wamp at home, i have finally got a host sorted out and have transferred all files over, i have been finishing the setting up and finalising things and things look ok to me but i have had reports from friends that the themes aren't loading. I have looked at a friends computer and seen that it is trying to load things from localhost/forum1/themes which is where they were stored on my computer. I can't seem to find where to change or how to change this. Any help would be appreciated. A link can be provided if needed

andyroe

Thank you for your reply, i have ran repair_settings.php once and this doesn't seem to have solved the problem

Matthew K.

If there is a problem with a file path, repair_settings.php will resolve it if followed properly.

andyroe

Thank you for your help, i had to run this straight away once uploading the files to the new host and that got it working. i was able to work on the site and see no errors. It looks like running it again has sorted the problem but just waiting for more confirmation from friends and visitors

Matthew K.

Not a problem. Glad you got it fixed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions later on.

If this topic is resolved, please mark it as resolved (bottom left).

Thanks,
Labradoodle-360

Advertisement: