News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

From the Team Blogosphere, to the Community, that time has come.

Started by Arantor, January 08, 2010, 07:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

On that note I will say that we considered not bothering listing SimpleDesk on the mod site at all. We submitted it when it hit RC on 15th March, updated for both RC2 and final subsequently... 2 downloads from the team but I don't see it being approved until we're well on the way to 1.1 (which is a timescale in the 'months' category)

Just another reason I'm not doing more free mods.

hadesflames

MarcusJ

I'm not on the inside.  I can only go on what I've read here and a few other sites.  But a fan of SMF and a user for more than four years now I have to say I'm very disappointed with the direction this site is going.

To the mod writers, and theme creators I want to say thank you.  I see some very knowledgeable and talented people walking away from this place and it breaks my heart.  I really hope that the people in charge will come to their senses and start making decisions for the benefit of SMF.  It seems lately that it has become more about personal disputes than about the project. 

Arantor you have my gratitude and respect for all that you have contributed to this place.  You are an obviously talented individual and the SMF community will suffer as a result of your departure.

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor on April 06, 2010, 08:48:35 PM
On that note I will say that we considered not bothering listing SimpleDesk on the mod site at all. We submitted it when it hit RC on 15th March, updated for both RC2 and final subsequently... 2 downloads from the team but I don't see it being approved until we're well on the way to 1.1 (which is a timescale in the 'months' category)

Well, contrary to my expectations, this was approved last night, so maybe because (or more likely in spite) of my whine here, it's been done - my thanks to the Cust team. However I still do not intend to return to the Cust. team because I doubt it would do either me or the Cust team any good.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on April 08, 2010, 05:40:31 AM
Do you believe in second chances?  :)

Second chances, yes. Third chances... maybe, fourth chances no. We've gone beyond second chances, and given that activity appears to happen in splurges, I have little doubt that if I were to return to Cust team, it would quickly become how it was before I left, with me through whatever causes, doing the bulk of mod approvals again, which I have no desire to do.

cutelover007

http://gupshupclub.cz.cc" title="GUPSHUP CLUB" target="_blank">

www.gupshupclub.cz.cc

Advertisement: