News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

QRR: Quick Reply Reposition (Xenforo / Facebook Styles) (Partly Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, July 17, 2014, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsno

I'm using the Bluez theme (a modified version anyway) and this mod hasn't removed the original quick reply box

the new one looks great and my users love it, but really would need to remove the old one as well!

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Upon installation, did you see any error ignored message(s)? You have to manually edit the Display.template.php for the ignored part.

nsno

Quote from: ahrasis on November 15, 2014, 01:09:10 PM
Upon installation, did you see any error ignored message(s)? You have to manually edit the Display.template.php for the ignored part.

no, there were no errors on installation

will try to manually install later

420Connect.co.uk

I've also got the same problem as the previous poster..

I can't seem to remove the original quick reply box?

( I've also tried this too as a suggested method to remove it but I can still see it?  ??? )

Quote from: The Craw on October 28, 2011, 11:41:28 PM
~/Themes/default/Display.template.php

Find:

if ($context['can_reply'] && !empty($options['display_quick_reply']))

Add Before:

$options['display_quick_reply'] = '';

You'll have to do this for all themes you want the quick reply removed from.
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

Sagar_king

http://mobiletek.in Smf 2.1
<hr>
Really Thankful to SMF community members for helping
All people are on this forum have their own website that's cool :D

You're welcome Sagar_king.

And for 420connect.info, please do modify your Display.template.php manually.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: ahrasis on August 21, 2014, 01:30:51 AM
Thanks Burke and Damage.

Quote from: Damage, Inc on August 21, 2014, 12:28:05 AM
Excelente MOD dude. One question:
There anyway to add the smiley box and the bbc buttons to this quick reply?
I appreciate your answer!
Cheers

I am not so sure if SMF has that by default or you have to add that by mod. I think it is the later.

Quote from: ♞ Burke Knight ♞ on August 21, 2014, 01:57:52 AM
Yes, it is a mod...
Here are a couple:

WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2

WysiBB for SMF

I'm also trying to add smileys to the the QRR box, I've tried installing the WYSIWYG Quick Reply V2 & QRR together but unfortunately they don't "talk" to each other :(

Combining help appreciated! :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

I will try to make a support for it soonest so no edit will be needed, you can wait; or open and edit QRR.template.php according to WYSIWYG Quick Reply V2 edit to Display.template.php.

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: ahrasis on December 26, 2014, 06:20:02 AM
I will try to make a support for it soonest so no edit will be needed, you can wait; or open and edit QRR.template.php according to WYSIWYG Quick Reply V2 edit to Display.template.php.

Thank you very much for the reply and point in the right direction!
got it working perfectly :D

<3

I admire your very neatly, well coded packages ahrasis - they are always straight to the point and install flawlessly even on complicated themes.

<3

reegad

This is exactly what i am looking for, but i am not able to get it to work.

I have installed and enabeled it, the default quick-reply is now gone but the new one does not show up.

tried my theme and the core theme without any difference.

Ian Mc

I'm also having the same problem as above. Hoping there's a fix as is is a great mod. Have installed, configured all settings enabled the mod. The original quick reply has been removed, but nothing has appeared in its place. No errors on install.

Dwev

Same here, installed without an error and manually changed the code in Themes/default/Display.template.php and still no dice.

Pity, because I really would like to have this, because it looks much better than having the Quick Reply 'hanging' on the bottom of the page.

@ harass: if there would be a way to make it work in more themes, would be very much appreciated!
(if possible, considering the amount of great Mods you've made I guess you're a very busy man...).

Advertisement: