Another Member Notepad [Updated for 2.0 Final]

Started by Kays, January 10, 2010, 12:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kays

You can add as many pages as you like. But there is the option to limit the number of pages in the admin CP.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

akbora

Thank you Kays.

Is it possible, admin can add unlimited the others limited?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Kays

Hmm, kinda figured you'd request that. ::)

I'll add it to my list.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

akbora

Anyway, everybody must add pages as per membergroups ... I think this will be better than only admin. Thanks
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Kays

Member group permissions are either on or off. There's no (easy) way to assign a number.

So, it's either restrict the number or have it as unlimited.

My Mods

Kimmie

Where is the notepad located? Is it a tab on the top menu, a section in their profile, what? Also, can anyone see anyone elses notes?

Kays

The notes are private.

It adds a tab to the top menu. If you're using 1.1.x and a custom theme you will need to add it manually

My Mods

Neverhurry

Kays, this is a very nice mod. Thank you!

Will you consider to change it a little bit to become another mod, something like what is inside this thread:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=365448

I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Kays

Thanks, this mod might do that. But what I think Nao is doing there is posting his "Thoughts" to a board and displaying them using one of the SSI functions. A lot easier to do.

My Mods

Neverhurry

Quote from: Kays on February 12, 2010, 05:13:31 PM
Thanks, this mod might do that. But what I think Nao is doing there is posting his "Thoughts" to a board and displaying them using one of the SSI functions. A lot easier to do.

WOW!!!!!!!!
You probably read Nao mind....
It is not difficult to use SSI function to drag posts (messages) out to display, but how to post thoughts to a board?.... Can you help?

Buschiq

Hi, I'm wondering if you or anyone else could help me. I'm using the theme PortalBlack and I just can't get the pop up window right. Php isn't really my thing yet. Still, I got this far:

// Show the [notepad] button.
   global $modSettings;
   if (empty($context['disable_sp']) && in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)))
      echo '<li><a' , $current_action=='notepad' ? ' class="current"' : '' , ' href="', $scripturl . ($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'] == 1 ? '?action=notepad' : ''), '"><span>', empty($txt['notepad']) ? 'Notepad' : $txt['notepad'], '</span></a></li>';   

The button is in place and working, but I would prefere a pop up window.  ;)
Thanks!

Kays

Try using this instead then.

// Show the [notepad] button.
   global $modSettings;
   if (empty($context['disable_sp']) && in_array($modSettings['sp_portal_mode'], array(1, 3)))
      echo '<li><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open(\'', $scripturl, '?action=notepad\',\'PopupWindow\',\'height=600,width=750,scrollbars=1,resizable=1\');return false;"><span>', empty($txt['notepad']) ? 'Notepad' : $txt['notepad'], '</span></a>
<noscript><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=notepad;nojs" title="', $txt['notes_nojs_click'], '" target="_new">[*]</a></noscript></li>';   

@  neverhurry.
It looks like Nao noticed your interest in it and is working on it.

My Mods

Buschiq

Thank you!!! It's working great  ;D

Neverhurry

Quote from: Kays on February 15, 2010, 01:38:28 PM
@  neverhurry.
It looks like Nao noticed your interest in it and is working on it.

That will be great!  :)

Kays, can other folks see someone's notepad?

Kays

Well, I shouldn't say working on it but rather that he'd look into it.

No, the notes are private.

My Mods

lgldsr73

How is this installed? I.e., where should Install.Php reside?

Thanks,

Lyman

Kays

This gets installed the same as any mod. Upload the zipped package using the package manager and install it.

My Mods

lgldsr73

Thanks! Already installed it, love it!

Lyman

david090366

Just one question, and it may sound like a noob one, but it's just a concern. This doesn't allow for the "embedding" of html or php or anything like that does it?

Kays

No it doesn't. It will display what you input as it is. It doesn't even parse BBC and smileys. Except in the subject line.

Thanks  lgldsr73. :)

My Mods

Advertisement: