News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Post nesting errors & inresponsive buttons after RC2 upgrade

Started by Jarowit, January 12, 2010, 01:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarowit

My site is located at :
https://gunbad.com

My site is running :
Powered by SMF 2.0 RC2
SimplePortal 2.3.1
ModernDark64 design by BlocWeb

The example thread is here :
https://gunbad.com/index.php/topic,461.msg8146.html#msg8146

I have a big problem where the posts nest themselves / space themselves weird for no apparent reason.  I searched for it and found one thread that mentioned an error in profiles where " was missing but my disaply. already seems to have the fix in it.

Also, secondary issue, for some reason when i toggle radio buttons and just options overall it takes like 3 tries for them to save.  Every time i click save the option I changed goes back to original and only after multiple tries records.

Any ideas ?

tyty1234

In regards to the first issue, it might be due to xhtml errors in your simple portal blocks. First of all, you have an open <center> tag that you did not close (and should use '<div style="text-align: center;"></div>' as <center> is deprecated) and that your <A> tags should be lower-cased. This would be the same for your <br /> tags as well. ;)

Try fix those errors, then tell us what you get. :)
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Jarowit

I fixed all <BR>'s and <center>'s and <A HREF's but it didn't change anything.  It did work in RC1 just fine, once I upgraded to RC2 the problems appeared.

I just removed the simpleportal blocks all together form forum s well, no change.

It looks to me like it has something to do with the profile fields or something.... If I could set a default signature for every user that would do it, as it spaces everything out nicely.

tyty1234

Signatures eh? Do you mind attaching your Display.template.php file please?
My Activity: Inactive
My Links: tyty1234's SMF Site | SMF Package Parser | SMF Helper | My Mods [5]
Subscribe to my SMF blog for updates
PMs for support will not be accepted, unless requested otherwise.

Jarowit

I got pissed off and bought a membership in a professional template design place DzinerStudio  no more problems.

Advertisement: