News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] SMFLadders (Gaming Ladder MOD)

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, January 11, 2010, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSpiritx

OMG! I've been waiting for this MOD can't wait for this hope ypu dont let it die.

Anyway mind in a way to add Team icons?

Good Luck with this :)

hcfwesker

Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on March 12, 2010, 03:52:02 PM
I'm planning to pick up where i left off once i get a few paid mods out of the way.

Everything looks so promising.  Just hope this hasn't faded nd been forgotten about.  If any donations are needed that would help get this MOD back in full force let me know. :)

hcfwesker

What would something like this cost to be made, just a ball park range

Camden

Ohhh man, this could've helped our forum so much. You said earlier that this was being put on hold because of other paid MODs you were working on. Did you ever have time to come back to this? This could be revolutionary for Gaming SMFs everywhere.  :D

Alpay

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-
When published ? Public version ? beta version pls download :) ?

+

winner  Bracket + looser Bracket system ?

hcfwesker

I'm pretty sure the development of this sexy MOD has been scrapped :(

Alpay

development started smf 2 rc2 :)  maybe scrapped ..

DonBruno

Is this beeing developed? or died?? ^^

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Kind of a strange post this. But its just to say that I've had nothing to say about this. That's why I haven't responded to this topic/pm's.

Basically this mod isn't dead but it isn't exactly fully alive either :P Its hard to find the time and mainly the enthusiasm to work on it. But its quite far along the development cycle now that it can't really die. It might take another 10 years to be released but thats another story :P

I'm working on making it usable now for a demo of some sorts to help find some bugs. Its in no state to be released to the public yet though, sorry.

Alpay

I can help you with suggestions for ( beta - public version )

hcfwesker

Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on October 30, 2011, 07:46:42 PMI'm working on making it usable now for a demo of some sorts to help find some bugs. Its in no state to be released to the public yet though, sorry.

Not sure if you already have people in mind to test the demo for you, but I'd love to help out on this and put it on both my test sites.  One with all my MODs, and another as a freshly installed forum.  Also, I run a competitive gaming website that has been wanting this for over 3 years, and we could help with suggestions on what could be added or maybe help make the system work more fluently as having experiences with other ranking/ladder programs on other sites.

Thanx for the update on the status of the MOD.  That is hope it hasn't been abandoned :)

MrMike

Quote from: hcfwesker on November 01, 2011, 11:27:06 PMThanx for the update on the status of the MOD.  That is hope it hasn't been abandoned :)

It's dead, Jim. :)

I've been following this for a while, hoping it would be released, but my guess is that this is no longer being worked on. I hope not.  :(

Perhaps if KiLLuMiNaTi would be comfortable with releasing or open-sourcing the code so as to give other people the opportunity to continue development. It might spawn several new clan-type mods.

KiLLuMiNaTi-7-

Quote from: hcfwesker on November 01, 2011, 11:27:06 PM
Quote from: KiLLuMiNaTi-7- on October 30, 2011, 07:46:42 PMI'm working on making it usable now for a demo of some sorts to help find some bugs. Its in no state to be released to the public yet though, sorry.

Not sure if you already have people in mind to test the demo for you, but I'd love to help out on this and put it on both my test sites.  One with all my MODs, and another as a freshly installed forum.  Also, I run a competitive gaming website that has been wanting this for over 3 years, and we could help with suggestions on what could be added or maybe help make the system work more fluently as having experiences with other ranking/ladder programs on other sites.

Thanx for the update on the status of the MOD.  That is hope it hasn't been abandoned :)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I have a few fundamental things to be coded before its worthy of being released publicly though. Getting in some good ideas on how things will work will help too. I've always struggled with that.

EDIT: OK I've set up a demo. Its not what I wanted to do just yet though. It'll have a lot of bugs and things won't work as they should yet. I don't have time yet to go through everything that I'm planning to improve/change. But I've listed a few on the issue tracker I've set up (link is on the demo forum)

ladders.gamercards.co.uk

hcfwesker

Awesome.  i'm already there.  And just seeing that "Ladders" tab in the menu already gets my blood pumping.  Just wanna say it looks d@m good the way you have it set up, and this is just the demo.  I'm really excited! 

Quote from: MrMike on November 03, 2011, 02:17:23 PMIt's dead, Jim. :)

I've been following this for a while, hoping it would be released, but my guess is that this is no longer being worked on. I hope not.  :(

Perhaps if KiLLuMiNaTi would be comfortable with releasing or open-sourcing the code so as to give other people the opportunity to continue development. It might spawn several new clan-type mods.

Ummmm, you mist have overlooked the updated posts just above mine ;)

xSpiritx

For a Demo It's pretty cool I was testing with hcfwesker and I'll post some things in the test site.

:)

KimG

Any news regarding this mod? I am running a dota2 community site, and this mod would be amazing!

Shark-Time

Providing Cheapest Offshore Hosting as low as 5$/year.
MoneyBookers | AlertPay
Pm Me

vbgamer45

I would pay to support development of this mod if someone wants to do it.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: