News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[WIP] SMFLadders (Gaming Ladder MOD)

Started by KiLLuMiNaTi-7-, January 11, 2010, 05:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

vbgamer45

I will put out $300 for a BSD licensed mod for gaming.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

zapiy

Wow i cant match that, but i will contribute.
www.maturevideogamer.co.uk
www.consoleplanet.co.uk
www.retrovideogamer.co.uk

Matthew K.

I'm willing to write one from the ground up. Using Object-Oriented PHP, and a very sexy interface powered by jQuery.

I already wrote one for hcfwesker's site.

hcfwesker

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 23, 2012, 08:47:29 PM
I'm willing to write one from the ground up. Using Object-Oriented PHP, and a very sexy interface powered by jQuery.

I already wrote one for hcfwesker's site.

Confirming.  and it's awesome and equipped with the ELO Ranking system programmed in it.  Lab is worshipped at my site for what he did :)

http://www.smashdomain.net/index.php?action=ladders

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew K.

If it were to be redistributed, I'd have to add in quite a few more controls so it'd be more dynamic, but it's definitely something we can discuss launching :)

olivestab

Where is the download for this demo??? I would greatly appreciate using this!
(assuming the project has been scrapped now)

Matthew K.

I am going to be selling an SMF Ladders System through SMFHacks this year.

olivestab

any info on kiluminati please?

and do you have a link/preview of your system?
Why sell instead of releasing as a mod?

Matthew K.

I'm not affiliated in any way with Kiluminati, so I have no idea.

1) I will have both links, previews, and demos when the modification is complete.
2) It is going to be a modification, but it's going to be paid because I'm not going to waste hundreds of hours to release a VERY advanced and complicated system for free.

olivestab

do you have any topic or site I can follow up on for updates/news for your system?
As you know, SMF is in great need of a clan system, and as far a i know, there is none.

Arantor

Only hundreds of hours? Pft, slacker :P

Seriously though, I'm all for people making big and complicated mods and selling them, to reflect the time that goes into it, and I hope it works out for you. I just hope I don't see a crippled free version and a price-inflated paid version, as that always seemed less honourable than just releasing a single decently-priced paid version to me.

* Arantor thinks in hindsight that SimpleDesk should have been paid given the hours that went into it, worked out that the first public release took just shy of a thousand man hours to produce in total.

Matthew K.

Hundreds of hours is an exaggeration of course, but I was trying to get the point across.

vbgamer45

Quote from: Arantor on June 17, 2012, 06:41:31 PM

* Arantor thinks in hindsight that SimpleDesk should have been paid given the hours that went into it, worked out that the first public release took just shy of a thousand man hours to produce in total.
I would go standalone and sell the script if you can and just integrate with other systems. People/companies always will have need for a support ticket system

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew K.

I agree with vbgamer, that'd be really sweet.

Arantor

The problem with going standalone is the amount of work required to make it standalone, it is so tied to SMF it's unreal. Even the Wedge port required a substantial amount of work because of how tightly integrated it is :(

Matthew K.

It does take quite a bit of work to make a stand-alone base, although using OOP and PDO make it quite a bit more simple.

Arantor

olivestab

Would your system be able to let users who create a clan, upload a custom badge to represent themselves on the forum?
(i.e. under the starts system)

Im simply looking for a mod that will allow users to create clans, allow others to apply to them, and once accepted,
will have the clans badge on their PF when posting, so people can see who they represent.

A simple win loss feature would be nice to give an incentive.
Its to bad all of these projects failed, Im looking for a simple mod but it seems like what your offering is the only thing that will be available for SMF. Regarding all of the other failed attempts, I would like to see progress or ANYTHING asap, Look at all the other Clan projects that got scrapped, I hope you can deliver! 

Advertisement: