News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help - My Forum's recent topics update so slow

Started by Gà Mái, April 30, 2012, 07:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gà Mái

I create a new topic, and 10 recent topic update it so slow (it takes about 20 seconds to appear in my forum's recent topic list)
Can you help me solving this problem? Many thanks!!

-- I love SMF --

Colin

I suppose we could investigate further, but why would it need to be faster than 20 seconds?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Robert.

I'm afraid that'd be a hosting issue. I assume you are using a free host? Also, try contacting your host, perhaps they can help you out. :)

Gà Mái

Quote from: 医生唱片骑师 on April 30, 2012, 03:30:50 PM
I'm afraid that'd be a hosting issue. I assume you are using a free host? Also, try contacting your host, perhaps they can help you out. :)
No, i do not use free host.

I try to set up another board SMF 2.0.2 with the same host, use the same mod, it's work ok, not update slow like this site
-- I love SMF --

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Wazza

Hey Ga Mai,

New here so if someone suggests something better go with that :) but I too would have thought the web host?

Of course you would make a back up before making changes to your site? your could try installing a back up from before this problem happened? or check: Forum Maintenance Optimize tables, make backups, check for errors, and prune boards with these tools.

PLEASE I'm far from no expert with this stuff just a friendly suggestion from another new guy around here. With stuff I might try if I was in your situation.

Cheers Wazza :)

Colin

The whole issue doesn't make a lot of sense. Can you view the topic from the topic list as soon as you post?

Colin

Gà Mái

Thank Colin, Wazza, 医生唱片骑师 so much for supporting! Many thanks!!
I find the problem. It's work ok if i set "No caching" in "Server Settings" (But i do not it's good or bad if i set "No chaching")
Thank all!
-- I love SMF --

Colin

Ok that makes sense. It is fine to set no caching, but it will use more bandwidth and resources.

Colin

Gà Mái

Quote from: Colin on April 30, 2012, 10:40:52 PM
Ok that makes sense. It is fine to set no caching, but it will use more bandwidth and resources.
Yes, thank you!
My board is small so it's no problem with bandwidth and resources ^^
-- I love SMF --

Colin

Absolutely. I am glad you got it working. Have a great day.

Colin

Robert.

Advertisement: