News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Manually installing Spell Check

Started by dtm.exe, May 15, 2005, 01:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtm.exe

I have successfully downloaded Aspell and Pspell (in Zip format).  I host my own website so how would I go about manually installing spell check?

-Dan The Man

[Unknown]

First, delete pspell and don't download it again.

Next, make sure you downloaded Aspell .50 or higher.  If so, install it.  Also make sure you have the English libraries installed.

Then edit php.ini and remove the ; before the line that includes "php_pspell" in it.  Don't be fooled, this is for Aspell.  Don't do the aspell one, though.

A restart of Apache and you should be done.

-[Unknown]

dtm.exe

Quote from: [Unknown] on May 15, 2005, 03:09:49 AM
First, delete pspell and don't download it again.

Next, make sure you downloaded Aspell .50 or higher.  If so, install it.  Also make sure you have the English libraries installed.

Then edit php.ini and remove the ; before the line that includes "php_pspell" in it.  Don't be fooled, this is for Aspell.  Don't do the aspell one, though.

A restart of Apache and you should be done.

-[Unknown]

How do I install it though?  In the archive, it's just a bunch on non-executable files.

-Dan The Man

Ben_S

Should be in the readme I imagine, though no idea since your using windows.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

IchBin™

I've just installed aspell, aspell-devel, and aspell-en. I do not see any line in the php.ini file that enables aspell or pspell. I have php5.0.4. Can I just add in a line to do it? Running a linux box btw.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

dtm.exe

Quote from: IchBin on May 28, 2005, 01:15:47 AM
I've just installed aspell, aspell-devel, and aspell-en. I do not see any line in the php.ini file that enables aspell or pspell. I have php5.0.4. Can I just add in a line to do it? Running a linux box btw.

Yes.  Add "php_pspell" to php.ini.

-Dan The Man

IchBin™

So I'm assuming I just add this line at the bottom?
php_pspell = on

dtm.exe

Quote from: IchBin on May 28, 2005, 01:28:35 AM
So I'm assuming I just add this line at the bottom?
php_pspell = on

No.  Do a serach in php.ini for "gd".  That should bring up the GD module.  Under that line, add "php_pspell".

-Dan The Man

IchBin™

hmmm....well I don't have anything that has gd in the php.ini file. I'm assuming because gd is loaded as a module from my /etc/php.d/gd.ini file instead of the php.ini file.

Ben_S

He's running *nix, therefore he needs to compile php '--with-pspell'

Nothing to add to php.ini, thats only for windows.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Advertisement: