[Tip] Additional Dropdown Menu for Curve Theme 2.0 RC3

Started by ScopeXL, January 15, 2010, 02:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Quote from: Scope XL on May 17, 2010, 12:38:56 AM
Quote from: USAFged on May 16, 2010, 01:53:48 PM
I really like the way this displays in the Curve theme. I have mine setup without the submenus and it works great. I tried to do the same to the Core theme , but it displays vertically instead of horizontally. All the links are working but I need the menus to run horizontally and display them like the Core tabs . Not sure what to change.

The core theme and curve theme's CSS differs greatly. Basically it would have to be a different set of steps to incorporate this into Core (without the drop down magic).
Didn't see this earlier but it's not hard to do. Core doesn't include the dropmenu classes that this relies on. If you copy all the dropmenu classes from Curve's css to Core's css it should work (although you will still need a suitable button image). 

bidzinski, follow the instructions on the first page of the thread.

ScopeXL

Quote from: bidzinski on June 03, 2010, 07:01:23 AM
I like this, how do I get this on my forum? will I need to edit all the code?

From the first post, yes.

steve51184

hi all i've been getting these errors in my error log and have no idea how to fix them:

http://domain.com/index.php?action=search2
8: Undefined index: href
File: /var/www/Themes/default/index.template.php
Line: 618

8: Undefined index: title
Line: 619

(i also get the above two errors for http://domain.com/index.php?action=register2)

and here's line 618 and 619:

<a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', 'firstlevel" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>
<span class="', isset($button['is_last']) ? 'last ' : '', 'firstlevel">', $button['title'], '</span>

would appreciate any help with this thank you :)

FireDitto

I wonder if perhaps someone could help me please?

I have a menu with 22 items in the main tabs.

I wonder if it is possible to create a second row of main menu tabs, and halve it, so each for has 11 tabs.

Menu:

Desired example:

Thanks =)
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

ScopeXL

Quote from: zx71 on June 18, 2010, 12:18:25 PM
hi all i've been getting these errors in my error log and have no idea how to fix them:

8: Undefined index: href
Line: 618

8: Undefined index: title
Line: 619

(i also get the above two errors for http://domain.com/index.php?action=register2)

and here's line 618 and 619:

<a class="', $button['active_button'] ? 'active ' : '', 'firstlevel" href="', $button['href'], '"', isset($button['target']) ? ' target="' . $button['target'] . '"' : '', '>
<span class="', isset($button['is_last']) ? 'last ' : '', 'firstlevel">', $button['title'], '</span>

would appreciate any help with this thank you :)

I am not receiving any of these errors, are you still using Curve default theme 2.0RC3?

Quote from: FireDitto on June 26, 2010, 07:06:51 AM
I wonder if perhaps someone could help me please?

I have a menu with 22 items in the main tabs.

I wonder if it is possible to create a second row of main menu tabs, and halve it, so each for has 11 tabs.

Menu:

Desired example:

Thanks =)

Interesting idea/suggestion, but this isn't what the trick accomplishes. To do this you will need another button array, and call both of them in index.template.php (assuming your css would even show the buttons in the manner you described).

Quote from: lucas-ruroken on July 06, 2010, 06:28:31 PM
Now... this is a mod?

This particular trick is not a mod, a similar trick has been made into a mod by someone, however it does not have the dropdown options mine offers. Feel free to take a look. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2564

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

davyj

rocknroller

greetings,

Is it passable with some parts of this code create dropdown MAIN MENU for CORE theme? maybe just structure without nice style?

Krysia

This is absolutely fantastic, and should definitely be implemented into SMF!

I was able to add 7 menus (didn't need anymore) to the top. Fantastic. Some of the sub-menus are 12 items long, so the list works great. :)

Only downside: I wasn't able to figure out how to include some of the SSI includes into the sub-menus, but no big.

flutter

I'm trying to do this but twice I have done the find and replace in dreamweaver and it can't find the lines I've to fix.  I'm sure it won't wok if I don't find them all.  I just upgrades to 2.0rc3 and everything is going ok (fingers crossed) just trying to mod it and really need a new menu item with drop down for downloads.

It was the last one on the index.template I couldn't find, along with the first subs one.  Any ideas why I won't have those lines.  I have tiny portal installed if that makes any difference

ScopeXL

Quote from: flutter on October 20, 2010, 12:14:45 PM
I'm trying to do this but twice I have done the find and replace in dreamweaver and it can't find the lines I've to fix.  I'm sure it won't wok if I don't find them all.  I just upgrades to 2.0rc3 and everything is going ok (fingers crossed) just trying to mod it and really need a new menu item with drop down for downloads.

It was the last one on the index.template I couldn't find, along with the first subs one.  Any ideas why I won't have those lines.  I have tiny portal installed if that makes any difference

Are you using Default Curve theme? Or at least a Curve based theme? If not it probably won't work. Instead of searching for the entire line, try searching for part of the line (just make sure there are no other occurances of what you search for). Tinyportal may replace some of my edits with there own code, in which case you will need to adjest accordingly. But yea, my best guess is searching for part of the line and deciphering what needs to be changed will be your best bet. Let me know how it goes.

flutter

well I just got this and from what I could make out the curve theme was the default theme.  Tha't what I'm using, though it says core theme.

If I change stuff that tiny portal has done, will it not break the portal, and if I just skip the things that aren't there, won't this just not work?  It's hard ot get a forum just how you want it

Thank you for getting back to me

ScopeXL

Its hard to say. It won't hurt to try if you make a backup of each file you make changes too. And then if you do run into a problem jut revert back ot the original file.

Draffi

Really, nice tip ! Thank you... :-*

But somebody have an idea how to make this (main) tabs active ?

photocu

photocu

This still works for me in RC4.  Just had to go back and add the edits to subs.php.

Del

Draffi

How can i make this buttons (for this additional menu in the top right corner) active, when i visit a page ?

(For example look the picture, please)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ScopeXL

I didn't build this modification to allow for that, I assume you will need to use some form of the CSS active_button, but in this mods current form, this cannot be accomplished.

colby2152

I added all of the code without errors, but the menu doesn't show still.  I had the SMF logo suppressed from the get go though.
ProFSL.com - Pro Fantasy Sports Leagues - Advanced fantasy sports leagues, contests, free chances at cash/prizes, and sports discussion.

Need a server? I am happy to advocate this hosting solution - hands on customer service and reliability is relieving!!!

Advertisement: