News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF forum posts to Twitter / Facebook (without mods/coding!)

Started by Mr. Jinx, January 15, 2010, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIZARD87

Very Nice !  I have been using the other mod for a while but hate the copyright..this seems to get the job done without the fuss !

Bravo 

TheListener

Would uninstalling the 'other' mod interrupt the tweets from the forum if I used the twitter tips from here?

I have a twitter button on the forum already.

Also how would I start a facebook fan/ feed page ( I'm not sure if I saw the instructions here)/

I wanna keep my real hair.

gimmiefreebies

2by2 uses trim.su [nofollow] but they keep saying "account suspended"... when I asked they said I could buy the paid version to not have the urls shortened, or I could buy their web hosting... I told them that sucks!!  Thank you for this tip, I have been looking all over for something like this!!! :)

tazgal

I appear to be in an endless loop.  Twitterfeed said to click the button to authenticate Twitter account. When I click the button, a box ask me to allow or deny.  I select allow and then I get sent back to twitterfeed where it's asking me to authenticate the twitter account.  Does anyone know any tricks to get around this loop? 

~DS~

Quote from: tazgal on July 24, 2010, 06:30:43 PM
I appear to be in an endless loop.  Twitterfeed said to click the button to authenticate Twitter account. When I click the button, a box ask me to allow or deny.  I select allow and then I get sent back to twitterfeed where it's asking me to authenticate the twitter account.  Does anyone know any tricks to get around this loop?
Looks like browser itself to me. Try another browser?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

lmoi

Ive tried this but its giving me this error message
'1 error prohibited this feed from being saved'
this is my rrs feed
'hxxp:www.temicity.com/forum/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;boards=20' [nonactive];

Mr. Jinx

Try this url:
www.temicity.com/index.php?type=rss;action=.xml;sa=news;boards=20

TheListener

Twitterfeed keeps telling me the url is not recognised yet I am putting the rss feed details into the correct area.

Any ideas?

angeluisa

Great tips! I really like it and i learned a lot from this tips. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward for more. More power.

Polymath

Mine won't post. Says [feed status: Timeout exceeded (10secs) in downloading the feed (28 Aug 09:29) and Timeout exceeded (10secs) in downloading the feed (28 Aug 09:29)]

Wow. That bad
* I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it. *
F.I.G.J.A.M

thefley

Thank you SO MUCH for this post!!! it has saved me so many problems and it was so simple to do!!!

anyone thinking of useing 2by2 should STAY AWAY from that mod.  No support and nothing but trouble if you install it on your site.

www.greatplainsriders.com

AmyJing

xpubstargamingx

Added this, I will provide feedback after this program starts sending out messages for me.

chrishicks

Thanks for this tip. I noticed my Twitter Mod by 2by2 stopped working on the 1st so I came looking as to why. After seeing that topic I noticed this mentioned and now I'm back in service. Of course I can't remove the other mod as I'm using one of the older versions and it won't do a clean uninstall. If only I could get rid of their advert. since I'm no longer using it.

ford1001

I have been using this for quite a while now and it is very helpful!!!

Advertisement: