News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Popup URL Feature

Started by XtcruleZ, January 15, 2010, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XtcruleZ

Additional information available in this
thread. I was wondering why the built in popup url feature only works when you click the TOGGLE VIEW button? Is there a way to make it work by default?

XtcruleZ

Or is there a way to make one of the mods that do this work with SMF 2.0 RC2? Im starting to think i should have used 1.1.11 when i redid my site...the mod support for 2.0 RC2 is REALLY limited and im starting to regret it.

Kill Em All

You have to enable WYSIWYG.
Admin>Posts and Topics>Post Settings>Disable WYSIWYG editor>untick that.

Then when you go and make a post, click on the URL BBC button and you should get a pop up box. That is exactly what that mod would do for you.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

XtcruleZ

Quote from: Kill Em All on January 16, 2010, 02:44:40 PM
You have to enable WYSIWYG.
Admin>Posts and Topics>Post Settings>Disable WYSIWYG editor>untick that.

Then when you go and make a post, click on the URL BBC button and you should get a pop up box. That is exactly what that mod would do for you.

Yes, i know. But wouldnt it be easier to just popup the url box when clicking the INSERT HYPERLINK button? The default INSERT HYPERLINK button doesnt work anyway, why is this?

Kill Em All

What do you mean by it doesnt work? That is telling me nothing. Did you go to where I told you and then untick that option? Then click save. That should give you give you a popup box when you click on the hyper link button.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

XtcruleZ

I think you misunderstood me. It popup url feature DOES work when i click the WYSIWYG button. But what i want to do is make it work WITHOUT hitting this button.

Kill Em All

So every time you go to post, that box would appear automatically? Wouldn't that get annoying considering not every post is going to have a link?

If you do want it, you would be better off posting in the Mod request area.

XtcruleZ

I want it to poupup when i click INSERT HYPERLINK  in non WYSIWYG mode.

Kill Em All

Sorry, I'm not sure on the code you would have to alter to do this, if this is even possible by the way SMF handles the post bit now in 2.0.

Advertisement: