News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

PunBB 1.3.4 to SMF 2.0 RC2

Started by res404, January 19, 2010, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

res404

Hello,

Is there an updated conversion tool for version 1.3.4 of PunBB? Are there any code changes that I should be aware of when converting from this version of PunBB? I've tried converting to SMF 2.0 RC2 but have run into numerous errors. I have been able to resolve most of them by Googling, but when I finish the conversion, it still finishes with the following error:

QuoteConverting smileys... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Warning: require_once(/home/sites/neworder.box.sk/neworder/forum2/SMF/Sources/DbPackages-mysqli.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/neworder.box.sk/neworder/forum2/SMF/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 102

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/sites/neworder.box.sk/neworder/forum2/SMF/Sources/DbPackages-mysqli.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/neworder.box.sk/neworder/forum2/SMF/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 102

There is no file called "DbPackages-mysqli.php" in the Sources directory (notice the "i" at the end of mysql)

Lastly, I noticed that some usernames will show properly, but some show up as the user's "real name" from their profiles, and others are completely blank when viewing forum posts.  Any ideas?

Norv

Did the usernames that don't show up at all, contain special characters by any chance?
Please tell if your forum was installed as UTF-8, or not, and if the database charset also, is UTF-8.

On another note, you got an interesting error. It should have defaulted to "mysql" database type, for mysqli. Please try eventually making a copy of "DbPackages-mysql.php" and rename the copy as ""DbPackages-mysqli.php", and let us know if now it works.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Advertisement: