Redirect Banned Users

Started by Matthew K., January 23, 2010, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Thank you A.SK.

Updating to SMF 2.0 RC3, as soon as I can...
Labradoodle-360

DarknQuiet

Great Mod! Thanx m8, keep up the good work

R.Bourne

if(!empty($modSettings['redirect_fb_only']) && (isset($_SESSION['ban']['expire_time']) && $_SESSION['ban']['expire_time'] == NULL) && !empty($modSettings['banned_url']))

Pls, change that == NULL to !=0 (zero) in order for this mod to properly work:

if(!empty($modSettings['redirect_fb_only']) && (isset($_SESSION['ban']['expire_time']) && $_SESSION['ban']['expire_time'] == 0) && !empty($modSettings['banned_url']))

Thx

Arantor

Or the more proper, faster and cleaner: && empty($_SESSION['ban']['expire_time'])

R.Bourne

I am sure your suggestion would work as well. However, it took me some time to understand why this MOD was not working the way it supposed to! And couple of comments thanking the developer were even more puzzling.

faeriedust

I think I've got everything set up right. This is my first time using the instructions in the parse file, but by golly I think I did it. Now for the stupid question...
How can I tell if everything is doing what it's supposed to. Is there somewhere I can check to see the result? Since I'm not the one banned, I don't get to
see the page. How can I check it?   Thanks.

DarknQuiet

Make an account using a proxy and ban that account. Then try logging in

Matthew K.

As long as none of the edits failed; it'll work properly.

faeriedust

I had my host do a restore. Everything was fine. I reinstalled the mod and put in the link for the page I wanted. I went into admin and put a ban on the dummy. Now I can't get back to the login page to get myself logged in. Whenever I try to go to login, it brings me back to the banned page. What do I do now?

faeriedust

I think I've figured out what's happening. Evidently, when I banned the dummy member it also locked out my IP address. I'm having my host do another restore and I think I'll call it quits on this mod. Thanks for the help.

Sabre™

If you waited just a little longer, somebody could have reversed the function via db.
Remember, most of us are on different timezones ;)
Glad you got it all sorted though mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Matthew K.

Sabre is correct. What you did to test it is something I have already done and realized the problem it arises, the test you used was not given by the mod author.

Very easy to unban your IP though. This is not an issue with my mod.
Labradoodle-360

Sabre™

Atleast he/she knows your mod does Exactly what it's designed to do lol
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Matthew K.

Haha personal experience is always the best way to learn something.

DarkLite

2.0 RC3 support would be nice.

GarfieldP

great mod!redirect them to a blank page!

petewadey

Hi, I have the "Stop Forum Spam" package on my site which bans known spammers IP addresses. Your package doesn't redirect that type of ban. Am I doing something wrong? Or are there any plans to make these packages work together.
Cheers,
Pete

Matthew K.

This mod bans redirects all banned members. Unless you heck Redirect Forever Bans Only

GarfieldP

true, where should I redirect mine? any website in mind?

Matthew K.

That is based on opinion...by default I would do Google, I guess.

Advertisement: