News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Redirect Banned Users

Started by Matthew K., January 23, 2010, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarfieldP

I would redirect to a page that said
Quoteah ah ah, you didnt say the magic word!
from Jurassic Park

roco

Hi :)

A wonderful and very needed modification.
How can I check if it works? Where is the switch you saved? In the session, or in the database?
How does this modification? Is a permanent redirect (301)?
If I gets me baned user, it is forwarded immediately, he feels the first message that is banned?
I ask because I'm a month under strong attack by spambots, of course, to banish them, but I received a large number of entries in the logs.
That is why I asked whether, if redirected, it is also an entry in the error logs? Is it the same as the user visits baned?
I have a problem with the unprecedented number of spambots, and I'm curious if your modifications work correctly, and how can I check this?
Another question - what can I do to be permanent redirect (301), without logging errors, redirected users?
Thank you for your reply.

Regards:)
roco

Matthew K.

Hey roco! Thank you for your interest in my mod, and I am definitely willing to reply with full details, however I had to head out of state unexpectedly and do not have the resources available to me needed to provide you with accurate information regarding your questions.

Would you please bump this topic later tomorrow?

Thanks,
Labradoodle-360

roco

Hey Labradoodle :)

The problem - unfortunately, it is my bad English, but I try to ;)

What I understand from your modification?

- Config is stored in the session
- It is used to check with the SMF function and function - for redirections

Banned users are directed to a specific address indicated
we have the ability to select - all banned.

Okay and here I need little more extended Your Mod..

And it is precisely at this point, would be imparted to choose a permanent redirect - (without logging) hits - -> 301
There must be not ins .httaccess, you can redirect spambots to the 301 in php, but it's important that shouldby widthout logging of hits.
So we need prevent log the errors from baned user.
When e.g. we config --> 301 - redirect, than is only 301 redirect without log :)

Generally it is accepted that we have 2 versions forumSMF
- V1.1.11 -> we are told that it is stable
- V2.0 RC3 -> test version - not for production was

But this is not true, because we do not have any stable version of the Forum.
v. 2.0 has been enhanced, for example, a security-related functions, but nothing came to v1.1.11 eg capcha for quick answers or writing posts.

I drive a mini-saddle (smf-help!) For people from Poland here: SMF-Help!
This version of SMF is 1.1.11, and must be open for guests. Protection against spambots, unfortunately, is not tight...

I use their own security, but we have a strong attack of spambots.
I do not know if you are redirected through your modifications, or not? how prooven this?

..and I have a monstrous amount of errors caused by hits spambots.
For example, for 3 days was 860 error pages! (x 15 per page = ~12 900 hits on error page) and i realy need this dings?
- I don't think so

This is a real attack, performed by an application for spamming the forums SMF.

Idea of Your Mod is super-hiper-power-wow :)

but i need extended Your mod.

I need + 1 function => (the checkbox in AP?) => 301(Moved Permanently),  withoud logged this.
Can you think about it, please?

And now is more clear what I mean?

The examples..

PHP:

<?php
header
("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: http://www.new-domain.com");
exit();
?>

or:

<?php
header
("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently"); 
header("Location: http://www.new-domain.com"); 
header("Connection: close"); 
?>

or:

<?php
header
('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
header('Location: http://www.new-domain.com'.$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
header('Connection: close');
?>

or in .htaccess

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.new-domain.com $1 [R=301,L]

or more pur:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.new-domain.com/$1 [R=301,L]

But.. only for baned users hehe

Exactly a redirect, (301), without logging errors - I would like to extend your modification.
Can you help me with this, please?

Thank You :)

Regards :)
roco

Laza

Can you please update this mod for SMF 2.0 RC4  :)

Skystone

Hi I was able through an SMF package parser to get this to (almost) work in SMF 1.1.12. However I had to restore from backups because..

In SMF 1.1.12 when you apply the mod it gives the incompatible error and will not let you install anyway as many other mods.

So the StopSpammer.php I believe it is called? (I forgot to save the error message) is being called for and is not there. I am surmising that there may be some database tables that need to be configured as well.

Is there anyway to get the necessary files to install and any database configuration files manually?

If so I can get this to work for my SMF 1.1.12. I'd really like to it's a great mod.

Thanks

Matthew K.

There are no database changes with this mod...and I will be updating to SMF 1.1.12 and SMF 2.0 RC4 when this mod gets transferred back to me, and I have some time after that :P

Skystone

Thank you so much, and for the quick reply too. Happy to wait. Good things are worth waiting for. :)

I'll keep my eye out for it.

Robin1989

has this been transfered back to you yet? would love a version for RC5. i want to redirect my banned users to some other site so they can deal with them

Matthew K.

No it hasn't. I'll look into it today :)

Robin1989

wandawill

Is there any chance of getting this to work on 1.1.13? Some members posted their user names and passwords on a site called bugmenot.com. I banned everyone of them but my error log is full of attempts to login. I would really like to send them somewhere nice. If you have a forum you might want to check this site out. thanks.

Matthew K.

No longer writing any modifications for SMF 1.1.13, sorry.

KensonPlays

Thanks for wanting to update it to RC5 Labradoodle :) I'd redirect it to a Portal page I would make.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

yakyakyak

Is there any known issues applying this mod alongside Annoy User on RC3?

Thanks

Matthew K.

Can't say for sure, probably not...I'd suggest backing up your forum and then trying it
Quote from: yakyakyak on June 08, 2011, 05:50:53 AM
Is there any known issues applying this mod alongside Annoy User on RC3?

Thanks

yakyakyak

thanks for the prompt reply

wilco planned for today ;)

Gateman89

I really like this mod but after upgrading to 2.0 Gold I can't install it for this new version due to errors with a couple of the templates that show up in the Package Manager.

Is there any chance that it may be updated in the future? I consider this mod the must have for bouncing Spammers away from my forum. ;D

Matthew K.

More-to-life

I'd also love this mode for 2.0

if you could update that would be great ;D
UK Bike Forum - The biggest motorcycle forum magazine in Wales UK.
Gear Up Magazine - Gear Up Motorcycle Magazine.
United Bikers UK Motorcycle Forum - A Brand New UK Bike Forum.
Used Cars South Wales - Search For Your Next Used Car In Laleston, Bridgend, South Wales.
Bikers Of Wales Motorcycle Website - Motorbike Info
Honda - Honda UK

Advertisement: