News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Redirect Banned Users

Started by Matthew K., January 23, 2010, 09:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireDitto

Hrm, I just wanted to let you know that installing this mod caused Topic Descriptions to become accessible in the Misc. Admin section. I'm no coder, so I have no idea why. Uninstalling it made TDs once more accessible though..?

Just thought I'd let you know.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Matthew K.

Attach ./Sources/ManageSettings.php please.

MaryLouW

Do you have a version of this program for 1.1.18?  I am being pelted with spammers and bots. They just keep coming.  I would love to be able to redirect them to some other place.  If you don't have a version now, are you planning one?  I am starting to get desperate!

Colin

It looks like it works for 1.1.11 (http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=download;mod=2385;id=135249)

Have you tried emulating and seeing if it installs?
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

MaryLouW

No... how would I do that?  When I try to install it, I get a message saying the file is corrupt or it is for the wrong version of SMF.

TheListener

Quote from: MaryLouW on May 20, 2013, 02:12:48 AM
No... how would I do that?  When I try to install it, I get a message saying the file is corrupt or it is for the wrong version of SMF.

Read the Mod Emul;ate link in my signature.

;)

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

TheListener

Oo hang on Colin.

If MaryLouW is on 1.1 then what we said won't work  >:(

QuoteFor these situations in SMF 2.0

Think there is a mod for 1.1 which is for these situations.

Colin

Good thinking. You forget about the 1.1 limitations.

Colin

TheListener

Quote from: Colin on May 20, 2013, 02:27:30 AM
Good thinking. You forget about the 1.1 limitations.

I've not used 1.1 since 1.1.8  :o

@MaryLouW have you thought of upgrading to 2.0.4?

MaryLouW

Okay, so if I"m reading all of this right, this won't work for me even if I do emulate another version?   

I did download and install the emulation mod and was getting ready to try the Redirect mod but not sure now if I should or not.

I have not even considered going to version 2 - just the thought scares the heck out of me.  I was running 1.1.11 and having problems and a very nice person on here upgraded me all the way up to 1.1.18 because I just am not that knowledgeable that I feel comfortable in doing major things like that.  So, I'm going to have to stay with what I have.

Bottom line.. should I try installing that mod emulationg 1.1.11 or not?

TheListener

I say yes but BACK UP first.

MaryLouW

I backed up my entire site to my remote hard drive yesterday so I guess I couldn't lose a lot.  I may try it... if I can get up the nerve!  I am always so afraid of crashing things that I know I cannot fix!

Thanks for all the info and advice.

MaryLouW

Well, I did it!  And, I think it all worked perfectly!!  THANKS, one and all!!!

Now, one more question - any suggestions as to where I should redirect these creeps to? 

TheListener

Quote from: MaryLouW on May 20, 2013, 02:55:39 AM
Well, I did it!  And, I think it all worked perfectly!!  THANKS, one and all!!!

Now, one more question - any suggestions as to where I should redirect these creeps to?

phpbb?

:D

That I'll let the expert (Colin) answer.

MaryLouW

I was thinking maybe google.com?  Anyplace but mine!  Be happy to send them to any of you guys if you want them!  :)

Matthew K.

Shouldn't really matter. Google would be okay.

MaryLouW

Well, I guess since none of you guys want them at your place...  Google gets them!!   It must be working because my error report is clean!!  That's a first in a while!!!   Thanks again, everyone for your help and support.  I really do appreciate it!!

Colin

Wahoo, glad you got it all sorted out. 

Colin

Advertisement: