News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multi Quote Mod

Started by Nibogo, January 23, 2010, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadz

Hi, I just installed SMF 2.0.1 and I really need this mod.
But it seems it does not support my version of SMF.

Can I hope for an upgrade so I can use it on 2.0.1?  :-\

Heeks

Hi guys,

I encounter this problem ONLY with my administrator account :

When using another admin account, the mods works fine.

I can't figure out why only on my main account, could you help me ?

Thx a lot.

MotRude

Heeks

It works for all my users and when i log with another account, so...

Heeks

Quote from: Heeks on October 11, 2011, 04:54:05 AM
Hi guys,

I encounter this problem ONLY with my administrator account :

When using another admin account, the mods works fine.

I can't figure out why only on my main account, could you help me ?

Thx a lot.

Any idea ?

Someone ...

:-[

hcfwesker

You have to copy the images to your other themes, i think.

copy these 2 images from Themes > default > images> buttons

mquote_remove.gif    AND  im_reply.gif   

and place them in  Themes >(name of theme) > images > buttons

Heeks

these files are in my theme directory already :/

They don't show up though :/

RAULVK

danielwmoore

I'm using 2.0.1, and it worked fine for me.  Just a minor alteration to update the versions it is compatible with, and it installed fine.  Had to do some manual editing to get it to work and play nice with my custom themes, but that was easy, since I created the themes myself.

Nibogo, congratulations on this great mod.  It is rare that I actually take the time to thank a mod maker (which is unfortunate), because I usually have to clean up code for a lot of other mods.  I don't mean just making it work with my setup, I mean just plain ugly code.  I usually take an idea, think, "That would be nice", then write my own code from scratch.  As a result, I have very few "mods" installed on my board through the package manager, as I generally do all the code editing manually.  Makes it harder to upgrade.

Thanks for making this easier.

I have a feature request on this, which I also don't generally do...  I am currently using a mod that allows me to quote the selected text.  Would it be possible for you to alter your mod to check if anything is selected in that current post, and, if so, copy only the selected portion, otherwise copy all?  That would make this into the most useful mod of all time if it had that feature. 

The only other thing I'd like to see this do is to also add the multiple quotes to a New Topic instead of New Reply only.  There are occasions when one of our moderator staff may want to bring in several quotes from around the forum into our "staff only board" to discuss them.  This would make that easier. 

Nibogo

Thank you, I'm glad you like the mod, but unfortunately  I ain't able to do it at the moment, and I don't know if that can be done easily as selected text would have to be stored in cookies and a custom function would be required to load the editor and add the text

islam2hamy

Nice mod  ;)
and that is the Arabic Translation
but it doesn't work good with 'RTL' language
as the 'button' should be right and the 'text' left

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

funkythemunky

Hello, seems like a fantastic mod.   :D

Is there by any chance a way to make it work for 2.0.2.?  :)

hcfwesker

As ALWAYS .... emulate to the version this in compatible for in your package manager

funkythemunky

It said it wasn´t possible for 202 when I klicked on parse to see what´d happen  that´s why I asked.

But thanks.

FrizzleFried

How does one EMULATE the version this mod is compatible with?   It currently says it's not compatible with 2.0.2... please speak "moronese" as that is about my skill level.

Thanks!

weekend camper

For those having trouble installing to 2.0.x (I did this for 2.0.1 so can't speak for 2.0.2 at time of writing).  My quick testing shows my install working as intended, although I might not have found all present glitches.  YMMV if you use my advice below:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See edits below if you have difficulty.

What I did:

- download package manually, extract to favourite folder on your PC.
- open "package-info.xml" in your editor of choice.
- find the line
<install for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0">

replace with
<install for="2.0 RC2, 2.0 RC3, 2.0 RC4, 2.0 RC5, 2.0, 2.0.1">

- repeat for the line with "uninstall" at the beginning.

- save file

- recompress folder (I made one with a new name for clarity)

- upload to pack manager on your server.
- mine showed 100% success on all files (except skipped lang)
- test in smf curve template -- should work fine

If using custom themes, you'll need to
a) make sure the two images referenced in hcfwesker's post about 10 up from this one are in place in the folder.  My install worked without this step, but it looked funny.
b) mod your templates' index.css with the following (taken from the manual parse info page for 2.0 on the download page here at SMF):
ul.quickbuttons li.inline_mod_check
{
margin: 0 0 0 5px;
}

ul.quickbuttons li.mquote
{
background: url(../images/buttons/reply_sm.gif) no-repeat;
display: inline;
}

ul.quickbuttons li.mquote_remove
{
background: url(../images/buttons/mquote_remove.gif) no-repeat;
display: none;
}

Good luck to the newbies.

GREAT mod.  Thanks OP for your time making/maintaining this.

@edit1:  further testing in Curve on 2.0.1 works great, but it didn't parse into my cust theme as I thought it did at first.  I guess it needs to be manually parsed into the theme files as applicable.  I'm doing that next.

@edit2:  looks like my custom theme had the index.template.php file NOT parsed.  The only fix (for me) was to correct that file with the info given for manually parsing and reupp to the correct folder.  Probably a good idea to go through all the affected files of a custom theme and see if they parsed.  I have no idea why the pac manager looked to be ok.  Anyways, fixed is good, and a verbose post here to (hopefully) help others.

@edit3:  used my own advice and it works great in 2.0.2 default + custom theme -- didn't catch the "click to mod other themes" part in pac manager, d'oh!  So some of what I wrote is redundant. Oh well, Great mod.

shazoo!

Tried this in 2.0.2, I guess it doesn't like my other mods.

Buttons come up ok, but no quotes are pulled in when I reply

Jumbobeef

Tried to use this on 2.0.4 but it says the file is corrupt.

I would love to use it, any ideas please?

(I tried more than once).

forfun

Advertisement: