Multi Quote Mod

Started by Nibogo, January 23, 2010, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

Quote from: rcpp on August 26, 2010, 05:38:24 PM
Hello there!

This mod, if I can put it to work, will be of great help - nothing against the way that smf adds quotes via the "insert quote", but for bigger topics adding via cookie is better. and the quick-reply is not always activated by the users. however, so far Im getting empty cookies:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4399839/empty-cookie.png

I installed manually,

Cheers!

That is how this mod works

rcpp

Quote from: Nibogo on August 27, 2010, 02:42:07 PM
That is how this mod works

Strange. Because that leads to no quotes into the body.  I thought it was a because of the empty cookies. I will try locally and see if this is a problem with the test installation I did on my server.

Thank you!
rcpp

pilladoll

hi, when i tried to install it, this appears on screem:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: (my forum url)
The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

can you help me?
http://ssnd.xtreemhost.com/foro/index.php
SMF Version 1.1.12
Theme: Gold Moon

rcpp

I forgot to update my last message in this thread. I managed to make it work, so, I guess it was a problem with my previous installation.

pilladoll, check if your squid is connected and if there is no problem with the communication between your web server and the proxy server. the log may have something interesting there.

cheers!

pilladoll

Hi, Finally i get it installed. The problem now is that is not working. I don't know what is wrong, but also the quote don't work.

http://ssnd.xtreemhost.com/foro/index.php
SMF Version 1.1.12
Theme: Gold Moon

Midnitelove

Quote from: B.SkiLLs on May 14, 2010, 07:31:29 AM
Awesome mod. Most handy. Very needed. Default should have this on SMF. Good work ;)

Only one question or issue. Why does it make the page load lag ?? It lags for a few seconds (like 15) then posts and the quotes pop in the text box.

I successfully installed this mod and I'm having this issue. Except the quotes aren't showing up in the post box.
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

dry3210

So I'm stumped...

I installed this mod (Running 2.0 RC4) with various themes and it works on the default theme and one other theme.  However the rest of my themes it either has both "Add multi quote" and "remove multi quote" all the time or it doesn't show them at all.  I went through each theme and made sure that the edits were done.  Some of the themes don't have a display.template of their own..perhaps this is the issue for some reason?  Any help would be appreciated. 

sene1983

Quote from: dry3210 on December 10, 2010, 01:42:19 PM
So I'm stumped...

I installed this mod (Running 2.0 RC4) with various themes and it works on the default theme and one other theme.  However the rest of my themes it either has both "Add multi quote" and "remove multi quote" all the time or it doesn't show them at all.  I went through each theme and made sure that the edits were done.  Some of the themes don't have a display.template of their own..perhaps this is the issue for some reason?  Any help would be appreciated. 

i 've same problem. double multi quote

:(

Neo_TE

Quote from: Nibogo on January 19, 2011, 04:25:16 PM
New version available, officially supporting SMF 2.0 RC4 and added two blank lines between each quote.
Thank you very much for the update.  I was really looking forward for those blank lines between each quote.

Neo_TE

Hey I found that the "Add Multi Quote" & "Remove Multi Quote" text were missing.

Then I went through the parse and found that the modification in the following file was missing.

/Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Find (at the end of the file):
?>

Add Before:
$txt['multi_quote'] = 'Add Multi Quote';
$txt['multi_quote_remove'] = 'Remove Multi Quote';

Please add it in the package.

Thanks for the great mod.

MrBrain

Quote from: Nibogo on January 19, 2011, 04:25:16 PM
New version available, officially supporting SMF 2.0 RC4 and added two blank lines between each quote.

Hi
First, thank you for the great and useful mod
Second, can you help me with one little thing - i've used a SMF 1.1.12 and different theme. I've patched index.template.php in my used theme, and mod works, but there is no spaces between the quotes.
Can you show me the code which must to add 2 blank lines, as said in your release anounce ?

Leppie

i'm using this mod on RC4, but my logs are flooded with these errors:
8: Undefined index: multi_quote_remove
File: /Themes/default/languages/index.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 435

8: Undefined index: multi_quote
File: /Themes/default/languages/index.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 434

any suggestions?

Leppie

Quote from: Neo_TE on January 21, 2011, 04:37:24 AM
Hey I found that the "Add Multi Quote" & "Remove Multi Quote" text were missing.

Then I went through the parse and found that the modification in the following file was missing.

?>

Add Before:

Please add it in the package.

Thanks for the great mod.
thanks for that, solved my errors :)

Neo_TE

thanks for that, solved my errors :)
You are welcome. :)

Neo_TE

For people who are experiencing error with the latest package, Obviously in the file "smf-2.x.xml" in line 124, the code </file> is missing.

So extract the file and then add the code </file> in line 124 in the file "smf-2.x.xml" and then install the mod

or else you can go ahead with the installation and then do the following edit.

?>

Add Before:

engr_dood

Quote from: Nibogo on February 16, 2011, 09:36:06 PM
Updated to SMF 2.0 RC5 and format of package-info.xml fixed

Thanks!  It's working great now.  BTW, the "Support Topic" link for this mod links to your "Reason for Editing" support topic rather than this topic.

midgetmaestro

Hi, I installed this on my forum a few months ago...recently members have alerted me to the fact that it doesn't seem to work with Safari, or Chrome (the actual "extra" quotes do not show up in the post). I've always used Firefox and it functions perfectly there. Any ideas?

midgetmaestro

Quote from: midgetmaestro on April 09, 2011, 12:36:16 PM
Hi, I installed this on my forum a few months ago...recently members have alerted me to the fact that it doesn't seem to work with Safari, or Chrome (the actual "extra" quotes do not show up in the post). I've always used Firefox and it functions perfectly there. Any ideas?

I've been patient, but so far, my experience with getting answers from SMF mod developers has been like pulling teeth. This is both frustrating and alarming. Does anyone have any idea as to why we are having this issue?

Advertisement: