Multi Quote Mod

Started by Nibogo, January 23, 2010, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forfun

Quote from: Nibogo on July 05, 2011, 06:35:48 PM
Click in the Add Quote button and then go to the full post page
I am confused!
After click on the "add multi quote" button, the ONLY next logical button that needs to click is "REPLY", and this is currently not working, the new full rely post is still empty.
Unless, I am missing something else.
Please clarify.
Thanks

Inti31

okay, my mistake - "quick reply" was wrong - I meant the the normal box is open when I click on reply - nevertheless - in fact it doesn't work in that way (same here like forfun has written).

I've the multiquote buttons which I can select but by clicking the reply button the quoted text is not copied....

addition:
I manually checked each file which is modified by the installer - everything is there....
addition1: okay - just played too much - now my testforum is gone - will install it again - and the 1st mod I am going to install is then this one - i'll keep you informed...

thx Inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

forfun

Quote from: Inti31 on July 06, 2011, 02:27:38 AM
okay, my mistake - "quick reply" was wrong - I meant the the normal box is open when I click on reply - nevertheless - in fact it doesn't work in that way (same here like fortun has written).

I've the multiquote buttons which I can select but by clicking the reply button the quoted text is not copied....

addition:
I manually checked each file which is modified by the installer - everything is there....
addition1: okay - just played too much - now my testforum is gone - will install it again - and the 1st mod I am going to install is then this one - i'll keep you informed...

thx Inti31
I am really interesting in your test.

Inti31

... okay... Done! and... - I don't know how to say it.... - it works!

I did a complete new install of 2.0 Gold and used an empty database for that.
The first mod I installed was this one - it works.  :)
Then I did a complete backup (used a backup of the main forum I created 2 days ago) and installed my 52 mods again (easy because every package is german-ready and needs just to be installed by the package manager.

but honestly - I wish someone could develop a "batch package installer" which could do the same I manaually did....  - it costs time to click every second to the next package to install it....

So, well done - multiquote is back - sorry for crying :)

cheers Inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

forfun

Damn!
I don't have the option to re-install everything, because my forum has been filled up with many mods, and I bet one, or some of them may cause this "error".
I have un-instaledl, and reinstaledl this mod many times, but no luck.
Oh well!  I wish there is another mod that will add the quote to the quick reply instantly, someday!  :)

Inti31

Why? My forum is also full of mods. it's more a question of time - uploading is time consuming (my upload rate is worst, I need nearly half an hour for copying smf 2.0 gold on my webserver)

You only need a backup of your main forum - that means: files and the database (...you don't know... :) )

The install/recovery process is easy and this needs only minutes - installing all mods cost 30 min extra.

It's not a big deal... - ehm - did you know - this mod doesn't work in my main forum  - seems like I've to upgrade it again :( - don't know why it doesn't work there...
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

MiY4Gi

For installation, the line in index.template.php has an echo missing.

// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)
echo $context['html_headers'];

echo '
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // -->','
function capsLock(e, div)
{
keyCode = e.keyCode ? e.keyCode : e.which;
shiftKey = e.shiftKey ? e.shiftKey : ((keyCode === 16) ? true : false);
if (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))
{
document.getElementById(div).style.visibility = \'visible\';
}
else
{
document.getElementById(div).style.visibility = \'hidden\';
}
}
// ]]','></script>
</head>
<body '.((isset($context['current_action']) && ($context['current_action'] == 'post') && (isset($context['current_topic']))) ? 'onLoad="post_mquotes();"' : '').'>';
}

Where do I put the echo '?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

MiY4Gi

Let me clarify.

When I install the mod, I get an error in the index.template.php file.

When I try to manually edit the file, I notice that where I'm supposed to replace:

echo '
</head>
<body>';

with

echo '
</head>
<body '.((isset($context['current_action']) && ($context['current_action'] == 'post') && (isset($context['current_topic']))) ? 'onLoad="post_mquotes();"' : '').'>';

the echo ' is missing.

All I see is:

// Output any remaining HTML headers. (from mods, maybe?)
echo $context['html_headers'];

echo '
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // -->','
function capsLock(e, div)
{
keyCode = e.keyCode ? e.keyCode : e.which;
shiftKey = e.shiftKey ? e.shiftKey : ((keyCode === 16) ? true : false);
if (((keyCode >= 65 && keyCode <= 90) && !shiftKey) || ((keyCode >= 97 && keyCode <= 122) && shiftKey))
{
document.getElementById(div).style.visibility = \'visible\';
}
else
{
document.getElementById(div).style.visibility = \'hidden\';
}
}
// ]]','></script>
</head>
<body>';
}

As you can see, there's no echo ' above /head to replace.

Any advice?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

rica.carv

Well, maybe i'm blind, but i can't see the missing echo.....

MiY4Gi

Inti31

Forget your echo - just modify the smf-2.x.xml - in original it might exist like it is shown but the echo is gone because you installed maybe other mods....
Have a look in that file and search for "</head>" - then you see that above </head> is another line.
just copy the </head> and your <body...> line and modify the installer (smf-2.x.xml) and replace it - that is how it works.

Mine looks like that:
<file name="$themedir/index.template.php">
        <operation>
                <search position="replace"><![CDATA[</head>
<body>';]]></search>
                        <add><![CDATA[</head>
<body '.((isset($context['current_action']) && ($context['current_action'] == 'post') && (isset($context['current_topic']))) ? 'onLoad="post_mquotes();"' : '').'>';]]></add>
                </operation>
        </file>

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

Capt_lou

I just installed a new board SM 2.0

I am having a issue with IE users being able to use the multi quote.  Firefox and Chrome seem to be OK.  I tested it out with cookies enabled and it still seems that users cannot multi quote.

I am new to building SMF forums so I am kinda lost on how to fix this.

Thank you in advance.

comedorsamus

forfun

This mod is simply not working!
Visit any VB forums, and their multi quote all works with your computer, and any browsers.
I wait!

Inti31

Quote from: forfun on September 01, 2011, 12:37:19 AM
This mod is simply not working!
I wait!
it is definitely working.
you waited for what? or are you still waiting?
Please note that complaining on this matter like you did is not helpful - for you - and others.
Saying about you don't have a possibility reinstalling everyting because you forum is full of mods - not a resaon -  I've nearly 70 mods installed.
Please try wampserver or xampp or whatever to test it local...

by the way - reinstalling everything is not a big thing - you just need a backup of your database, repair_settings.php and maybe a backup of some folders like attachments, avatars, gallery, maybe Smileys...

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

MemberNumber

forfun

Quote from: Nibogo on September 03, 2011, 09:58:52 AM
How you can complain about something that is free? Purchase vB then
This is not a complain.  it is an opinion, and you've missed the logical point, if you are open-minded.
My point is the problem is not from which browsers and/or the enable cookies option.  The script itself has not taken over "whatever", which I don't know, in the SMF and other mods by itself.
Let put it in another logical way, it works before with older SMF and other mods, why not now!
Something has changed, and I rather don't use it than un-install and re-install many other mods.  Just my opinion!
Anyone else can do whatever they want.
I hope you don't take it so offensive, as your script is free, but it doesn't mean people can't have opinion about it.  Again, not a complain, just a logical opinion. :)

Tommiiee

Hi :)

I just installed this mod without any problems, but the buttons (links) aren't show up in my posts :(

Advertisement: