News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Multi Quote Mod

Started by Nibogo, January 23, 2010, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jumbobeef

Quote from: Nibogo on February 27, 2013, 03:30:27 PM
Version emulate should do it.

Thanks, but tried that (back to 2.0.3) and it is still saying corrupt.

Arantor

Jumbobeef

Oh.  I  thought the mod said it was good for up to 2.0.3    ?

Arantor

Sure, through emulation! Try using an earlier version like 2.0 itself

Jumbobeef

Ok thanks.  Will do.

Will doing this affect the updates that have happened to the forum itself going to 2.0.4?  Seems weird going backwards.

Arantor

Nope.

Let me explain what's going on. A mod package is simply a list of find-replace operations on the code, and inside the mod package, it says 'these are the instructions for <given version>'. Now, some mods list a range of versions, e.g. 2.0 - 2.0.99 to cover all 2.0 versions, while some only list specific versions.

There needs to be this feature so that a single package can support all the changes that might be required, e.g. if 1.1.x requires one set of code, 2.0 requires another and 2.0.1 onwards required another.

All you're doing is telling it to accept a different set of find/replace instructions.

Jumbobeef

Hello Arantor,

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

I did what you suggested and it works!

Thanks again!

forfun

Quote from: Jumbobeef on March 01, 2013, 02:58:25 AM
Hello Arantor,

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

I did what you suggested and it works!

Thanks again!
I did the same and the installation is fine, but it still doesn't work.  After selecting a couple of "add multi quote" click on "reply", it still shows an empty box.
How about yours?

Jumbobeef

It works for me.  I get all the quotes selected in the reply box.

One question though: what will happen when I do the one-click upgrade to 2.0.5 when it comes out?

Arantor

Well, you'll need to use the 'revert' option in the 'advanced' area first (so it's using 2.0.4 again as the version to search for), but then it'll all just work as expected. A one-click upgrade is literally just another mod, it installs the same as any other.

forfun: sounds like you have a deeper problem that the author needs to address.

NekoJonez

Does this work with the DSelectionQuote?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2086

I also got a weird issue. When I load the topic first I have both buttons. "Add" & "Remove".

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

mj.

This is an excellent mod, unlike others I've had no difficulty with it at all until now.  I think my issue started after the 2.07 SMF update.  Multi-quote works, but seems to be arranging the quotes in a random order.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

ozmillsy

Quote from: mj. on March 01, 2014, 04:02:07 PM
I think my issue started after the 2.07 SMF update.  Multi-quote works, but seems to be arranging the quotes in a random order.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Yes, I get the same thing.    Order is random.   I'm on 2.07.

SimianSteam

Is there any chance of an update to 2.0.7?

AllanD

Simian just emulate your version to the version it's compatible with. Arantor posted a link on the top of this page on how to do that.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

SimianSteam

Quote from: AllanD on May 09, 2014, 01:52:54 PM
Simian just emulate your version to the version it's compatible with. Arantor posted a link on the top of this page on how to do that.

Unfortunately I tried that, and while the buttons showed up (sometimes both add and remove at the same time!) it didn't actually quote anything. Add to that the fact that the people above me have stated that it quotes out of order and that spells Need Update.

AllanD

That's something for the mod author to answer since it's support.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

Advertisement: