News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Multi Quote Mod

Started by Nibogo, January 23, 2010, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Well, given his other mods and events, you can probably expect a 'premium' version in the next few months that you can have the privilege of paying for, then paying for support for when they don't work properly.

SimianSteam

Quote from: AllanD on May 09, 2014, 02:36:49 PM
That's something for the mod author to answer since it's support.

Correct. That's why I posted about it here.

AllanD

Quote from: SimianSteam on May 09, 2014, 02:49:41 PM
Quote from: AllanD on May 09, 2014, 02:36:49 PM
That's something for the mod author to answer since it's support.

Correct. That's why I posted about it here.

:D
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

asura88

It's a nice mod, but it puts the quotes in the reply box in random order. I've been trying to fix it, but no success.

I figured that the problem lies here:
getXMLDocument(smf_prepareScriptUrl(smf_scripturl) + \'action=quotefast;quote=\' + messageid + \';xml;pb=', $context['post_box_name'], ';mode=\' + (oEditorHandle_', $context['post_box_name'], '.bRichTextEnabled ? 1 : 0), onDocReceived);
Quote is sent to be processed to PHP function in a correct order, but returns to JS function in incorrect. I could be wrong though, but it's my guess.

I'd love it to be fixed  :-X   

Nibogo

As long as I can remember this worked just fine the last time I tried, they weren't inserted in random order, they were added in the order you selected them. Could you try with another browser and see if the same happens?

asura88

Ty for your reply Nibogo. It seems to be browser independent - I tried with Opera, Chrome, Firefox and IE.
And just to clear up - the order is not entirely random. The general order is correct, but if you add for example 5 quotes, there are almost always 1-2 quotes that are in wrong place. What is random is how it acts. I mean, if you quote same posts few times, sometimes the order can be correct, sometimes quote #2 and #3 can be in wrong place, sometimes #1 and #5 and so on... so there's no rule for it.

kesulin

not working in 2.0.18.

shadav

Quote from: kesulin on June 15, 2021, 07:18:44 AM
not working in 2.0.18.
how is it not working? Need a bit more info to be able to help troubleshoot

kesulin

Mod modify Display.Template.php. Must find:

if (window.XMLHttpRequest)
showModifyButtons();

Replace for
if (window.XMLHttpRequest)
showModifyButtons();';

// Multi Quote Mod
if ($context['can_reply']){
echo '
function mquote(msg_id,remove){
if (!window.XMLHttpRequest)
return true;
var elementButton = "mquote_" + msg_id;
var elementButtonDelete = "mquote_remove_" + msg_id;
var exdate = new Date();
if (remove == "remove"){
            exdate.setDate(exdate.getDate()- 1);
document.getElementById(elementButton).style.display = "inline";
document.getElementById(elementButtonDelete).style.display = "none";
}
else{
exdate.setDate(exdate.getDate()+ 1);
document.getElementById(elementButton).style.display = "none";
document.getElementById(elementButtonDelete).style.display = "inline";
}
            document.cookie = "mquote" + msg_id + "=; expires="+exdate.toGMTString()+"; path=/";
}';
}
echo'

But I can't find that code

same for
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'smf251', 'smf251', 'align="middle"');
Replace for:
$split_button = create_button('split.gif', 'smf251', 'smf251', 'align="middle"');
$mquote_button = create_button('im_reply.gif', 'multi_quote', 'multi_quote', 'align="middle"');
$mquote_remove_button = create_button('mquote_remove.gif', 'multi_quote_remove', 'multi_quote_remove', 'align="middle"');

I try to edit this file and add the code but I don't know where to put this code.

Gryzor

Well yes, that's the problem the system updater is having, too. Obviously some other mod has changed the relevant code. Try looking not for the entire code snippet but for parts of it. For instance, "$split_button = create_button("

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

That looks like 1.1 code

kesulin

Quote from: Gryzor on June 16, 2021, 04:58:36 AM
Well yes, that's the problem the system updater is having, too. Obviously some other mod has changed the relevant code. Try looking not for the entire code snippet but for parts of it. For instance, "$split_button = create_button("
I try it, but imposible to find any part of the code.
I supose the new versions of SMF change the code too much .
We must point that the mod:

1.1.2 - 08 Mar 2010
o Added SMF 2.0 RC3 Support.

Last version support is 2.0 RC3. This is a big jump.

Advertisement: