Re: Questions concerning the Combined Readme post

Started by Orstio, January 24, 2005, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orstio

Great post, Kindred! :D

EDIT -- removed comments to avoid confusion after original post is fixed.   ;D

Kindred

thanks for the corrections. I have fixed the text in the main post. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

TechTitan

Superb effort! I've installed MOS-SMF without much trouble thanks to your post. If possible can anybody include additional instructions on Coppermine as well? MOS-SMF-Coppermine.
--:: .... ::--
Checkin' SMF from time to time

Kindred

coppermine has excellent (and simple) instructions included with the package and includes the coppermine-smf bridge as part of the standard distribution.

To add it in mambo, once you have the SMF-mambo bridge running, add Coppermineas a link... either direct, wrapper or outside the mambo framework. Either way, it will read tghe logged in SMF user for access rights.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jazz

For step #4,

4) Install the smf_login Module.
   4a) Using Mambo Admin > Modules > Install/Uninstall Module
   4b) Choose Upload File Package and Browse to the "Login" directory and choose the file called mod_smf_loginv2.0.zip

I get the following error.

XML setup file is not for a "component".

Any idea what the problem is?

Jerry

if it doesn't work on the module install, I would try the component install. :-X

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

jazz

Thanks Jerry!  I'm feeling a little spaced today!  I just got confused between the "Module" and "Component" install. >:( 

Thanks again for helping me realize this!

porcupine

Just for info: These quidelines are excellent.

If you are  v e r y  careful, you ll make it.

anthonyl

Quote from: kindred on January 24, 2005, 03:57:43 PM
Changing the SMF doc_tpye form xhtml to html will handle many of the basic "super large font" issues.

I know this is an obvious question...but how do I do this. (i.e., what file is this in and where do I find that file so I can modify it?)

Thanks so much for your help, and feel free to delete this post after someone answers if it is just cluttering your important post.

Kindred

The can be done by changing the line near the top of index.template.php in your SMF Theme directory.
Слaва
Украинi

davo88

I'm installing the Bridge and have a question about Step 6 -  Apply the Bridge Theme Package.

After completing step 6b, I clicked on "Apply Mods" (although it doesn't say to do this above), then the following screen appeared...

(image doesn't diisplay in Firefox for some reason... but does in IE)

So I entered the Username and Password, clicked on Proceed, and the same screen (above) re-appeared. From that, I assume the FTP login was not successful.

Can you tell me which files need to be made writable and/or what I should do to complete this step?

many thanks, Dave

Edit

Later...  OK, this screen fooled me. It says "Installing the package will peform the following actions:"  and over on the right hand side, "success".  So I thought it had succssfully modded those three and was unable to write to other files.

But checked the permissions of those three files and they were 644. So changed them to 777, clicked on Proceed, the FTP Information Required window disappeared and it appears to have successfully completed the operation. Looks like a little bug (?) with the word success appearing there before it actually writes?

Anyway... problem solved.

TechTitan

Additional on login/logout redirection.

I think by default the  mod_smf_login module will point to the mambo index page after login/logout. To redirect you back to the page where you login/logout, in MOS_SMF.php change this line from:

$_SESSION['login_url'] = $mosConfig_live_site;

to
$_SESSION['login_url'] = mosGetParam( $_SERVER, 'HTTP_REFERER', null );

and from:

$_SESSION['logout_url'] = $mosConfig_live_site;

to
$_SESSION['logout_url'] = mosGetParam( $_SERVER, 'HTTP_REFERER', null );

I am no php genius but I think it works! (that is after hours of experimenting)  ;D
--:: .... ::--
Checkin' SMF from time to time

mister

I have followed your directions as close as i could.  (They were pretty good directions.)

But now when i try to log in, after hitting the Login button, i get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/USERNAME/public_html/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 199

I can login at my forum and then refresh my root site, and the login form is gone and now the loggout button appears.  So something is working!  :)

But when i click the logout button, it gives me the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please, and thank you in advance. :)
[nofollow]

begby

Just to be clear, I currently am using the old bridge... can I simply overwrite the files, or do I have to install the component again through the mambo backend?

Kindred

Yes, you can... (except for the discuss-bot)

Just note that there are additional files (that never existed in previous versions) that belong in various directories.

The discussbot, on the other hand must be uninstalled and reinstalled since the parameters are added on installation via the XML.
Слaва
Украинi

Janner

Quote from: tophe on March 04, 2005, 07:40:09 AM
Is there a way of installing the latest bridge without using the SMF packade manager?

Simply make the code changes manually. This is what the SMF package does:

Quote<edit file>
$boarddir/index.php
</edit file>

<search for>
      'maintain' => array('Admin.php', 'Maintenance'),
</search for>

<replace>
      'maintain' => array('Admin.php', 'Maintenance'),
      'mambo_login' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Login'),
      'mambo_logout' => array('MOS_SMF.php', 'MOS_Logout'),
</replace>

tophe

So editin the Index.php of the SMF folder is the only thing I have to do manually to the SMF board?

Janner

Quote from: tophe on March 04, 2005, 08:50:32 AM
So editin the Index.php of the SMF folder is the only thing I have to do manually to the SMF board?

Yes. That is the only change the package makes.

tophe

This readme seems great.. But is it possible to update it abit?
For example.. There is no "com_smf.zip" in the archive.. And in the readme you're supposed to upload it.

I tried uploading SMF.zip instead (i guess that's the one).. Then I get the error:

QuoteWarning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx/administrator/templates/mambo_admin_blue/index.php on line 86

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx/administrator/templates/mambo_admin_blue/index.php on line 86

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx//administrator/templates/mambo_admin_blue/index.php on line 86

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: