iphone theme, layout or mod?

Started by steve51184, January 25, 2010, 08:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

is there an iphone theme, layout or mod?

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

steve51184

that's only for wep phones and will looks like **** on the iphone lol

Kill Em All

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kill Em All

Quote from: butchs on January 23, 2010, 04:29:29 PM
I wrote a mod that is supposed to be submitted for SMF approval this weekend by Fabius85, the author of smf4iphone.  The final version is improved over the beta I was toying that uses a free service to check if the member has a mobile device then it checks the editable UA list from the mod settings and directs to one of 3 themes based on the UA and a failsafe 4th theme or a SMF built i theme. 

In the link I gave you before, that was mentioned. You are going to have to wait and see if it will be approved or not.

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

~DS~

Quote from: Arantor on January 25, 2010, 09:22:46 PM
http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2035 might work well on an iPhone.
It does, but the interface theme for iPhone is different, the one form farfromperfection
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Arantor

*nods* Just another option to consider is all.

Kill Em All

Quote from: Arantor on January 25, 2010, 09:28:08 PM
*nods* Just another option to consider is all.
Yeah.

Steve51184, there are quite a few options, just gonna have to settle or wait till that one mod/theme I pointed out to you comes out. Cause there aren't many options left.

steve51184

has there been any new developments on this subject?

Arantor

Not really. There is a mod discussed in Coding Discussion that's being beta tested that does make advancements in this direction though.

steve51184

Quote from: Arantor on March 21, 2010, 05:40:51 AM
Not really. There is a mod discussed in Coding Discussion that's being beta tested that does make advancements in this direction though.

can i get a link to that topic please?

also am i right in saying that this is my best option? http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2035

Arantor

steve51184

Kill Em All

steve51184, has any of the above responses answer your question?

steve51184

just about to test out 'Curve Mobile' will post back in a few mins :)

Kill Em All

steve51184

right i've tested both options (curve-mobile and tapatalk) here's my thought's / opinions :)

the 'curve-mobile & curve-mobile-mod' web based option

this one was very easy to install and i just uploaded the theme/mod installed them and was all set

i then opened my site on my iphone and it all just worked fine the only problem is is that it's not really formatetd for the iphone and although it is better for smaller screens it's still unusable/unreadable (much in the same was smf is now on the iphone)

in other words a lot of the 'useless stuff' has been removed to use the smaller screen better but things like fonts are still VERY small

end result? some might say it's better then without it but for me it just removes a lot of smf's functionality and doesn't make it any easer to use

maybe someone with an iphone and some css skills and give the fonts (etc) a little tweak and make this perfect?

the 'tapatalk' native app option

first off this is a native app for the iphone and not a website like above but it's a paid app (there is a free app but you only have read support) and the paid one is $3

right i installed the mod and 'registered' my forum with the tapatalk network and verified my site... again just like above everything went smooth

after starting the iphone app i had to search for my site via the search tab then clicking my sites name brings up the site (it'll auto load back into the site on next launch- very nice!)

after a bit of playing this is JUST what i want and everything looks/works fine

end result? this looks VERY nice and imo is the PERFECT option... ALMOST!

if i could have the name of the app and the icon changed and for it to load into my site on first launch (with no options for other sites) it'd be amazing and i could release it as an app for my site but as i can't do that and it's $3 i'm still left without any real options but so far this is quite good but saying to my members "buy this app and search for the site bla bla" isn't really an option but i'm getting closer :P

Advertisement: