News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

reCaptcha - Remote IP

Started by screenmates, January 26, 2010, 12:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmates

I installed this mod and when I try to register a user account, it displayed the reCaptcha. I entered the verification text and submitted the form and got this error message:

For security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA

There is no Remote IP field in the mod's settings. Please advise...

TIA

Kindred

hmmm... first of all, you need to ask mod specific questions in the thread dedicated to support for that mod.

second of all, you have to register for reCAPTCHA and provide your domain. This, of course, resolves to an IP...   if your domain is not registered, or you are trying form localhost, I suspect it may fail.

third, if you are having problems with a third party, I'd suggest contacting the thrid party support and asking what their error message means. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

screenmates

All the requirements of reCaptcha are met. I actually am using reCaptcha in another application with no problems because I am able to pass Remote IP address in the API call. But in this plugin, there is no place to specify the Remote IP address and hence it fails.

TIA

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on January 26, 2010, 12:33:32 AM
hmmm... first of all, you need to ask mod specific questions in the thread dedicated to support for that mod.

and the answer is... yup... you are using the mod in a way not originally intended by the author. I suggest that you ask if he will expand it, in the mod specific thread. This is not a 2.0 support issue, but a mod specific issue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: