News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[soundcloud] BBcode tags :)

Started by Sentinel [AF], January 29, 2010, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel [AF]

This is for SMF 2.X

I shall include code for latest version of smf 1 when I remember what I did.

Below is code to install both single track embeds & soundcloud trackset/playlist bbc code and icons.
Also included in the attachment is the bbc icons. (upload the images folder inside to each of your themes folders)

After you've done modifying the files and uploaded the newly edited ones & the bbc icons go to admin > maintenance & clear cache.

For working examples, the bbc codes and other info: LINK

examples:

[cloudset]http://soundcloud.com/artist/sets/setname[/cloudset] - adds a soundcloud set

[cloudset]http://soundcloud.com/afmeplease/sets/none-label-stuff-my-own-cheesy-whatsits[/cloudset]

Code (Subs.php - Find) Select

array(
'tag' => 'img',
'type' => 'unparsed_content',
'parameters' => array(
'alt' => array('optional' => true),
'width' => array('optional' => true, 'value' => ' width="$1"', 'match' => '(\d+)'),
'height' => array('optional' => true, 'value' => ' height="$1"', 'match' => '(\d+)'),
),

Code (Subs.php - Add Before) Select

array(
'tag' => 'soundcloud',
'content' => '<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><br/><br/></span>',
'block_level' => true,
),
array(
'tag' => 'cloudset',
'content' => '<object height="225" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="225" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>  <span><br/><br/></span> ',
'block_level' => true,
),

Code (Subs-Editor.php - Find) Select

array(
'image' => 'img',
'code' => 'img',
'before' => '[img]',
'after' => '[/img]',
'description' => $txt['image']
),

Code (Subs-Editor.php - Add Before) Select

array(
'image' => 'soundcloud',
'code' => 'soundcloud',
'before' => '[soundcloud]',
'after' => '[/soundcloud]',
'description' => $txt['soundcloud']
),
array(
'image' => 'cloudset',
'code' => 'cloudset',
'before' => '[cloudset]',
'after' => '[/cloudset]',
'description' => $txt['cloudset']
),

Code (Modifications.english.php - Find) Select

?>

Code (Modifications.english.php - Replace with) Select

$txt['soundcloud'] = 'Soundcloud (embeds single track)';
$txt['cloudset'] = 'Soundcloud (embeds a track set)';

?>

Sentinel [AF]

This code is for SMF 1.

It does same as above code.

Code (Subs.php - Find) Select

array(
'tag' => 'white',
'before' => '<span style="color: white;">',
'after' => '</span>',
),

Code (Subs.php - Add Underneath) Select

array(
'tag' => 'soundcloud',
'content' => '<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&amp;show_comments=true&amp;auto_play=false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><br/><br/></span>',
'block_level' => true,
),
         array(
            'tag' => 'cloudset',
            'content' => '<object height="225" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="225" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=$1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object>  <span><br/><br/></span> ',
            'block_level' => true,
         ),

Code (default > Post.template.php - Find) Select

'img' => array('code' => 'img', 'before' => '[img]', 'after' => '[/img]', 'description' => $txt[435]),

Code (default > Post.template.php - Add Above) Select

'soundcloud' => array('code' => 'soundcloud', 'before' => '[soundcloud]', 'after' => '[/soundcloud]', 'description' => $txt['soundcloud']),
'cloudset' => array('code' => 'cloudset', 'before' => '[cloudset]', 'after' => '[/cloudset]', 'description' => $txt['cloudset']),

Code (Modifications.english.php - Find) Select

?>

Code (Modifications.english.php - Replace With) Select

$txt['soundcloud'] = 'Soundcloud (embeds single track)';
$txt['cloudset'] = 'Soundcloud (embeds a track set)';

?>

BBC icons are included in images.rar in post above.
I can't see any other files that I edited for this but the icons should show up providing you upload them to each themes (images > bbc) folder.

Let us know if they don't.

Phil Serna

www.misc-content.com
Helping you get through your work day.

Sentinel [AF]

I honestly don't know.

look on here how to add bbc tags to SMF 1.x ...

then just use my code :)

And errr sorry about lack of reply to your PM - I've just upgraded to W7 after fresh install and I didn't remember the username I used to sign up here.

And it's about time they approved this - only took about 1 month - haha ;)

Sentinel [AF]

Phil Serna

Sh*t I have no idea what I am looking at... no worries on the PM.
www.misc-content.com

Sentinel [AF]

haha check pm I have no clue either yet not used SMF 1.X in what 2 years or so.

Smartflight

Sentinel [AF]

Smartflight

Oops..didn't update it! Damn
Working now.

Sentinel [AF]

Matthew K.

I have contacted you with the possibility of turning this into a mod and helping to further develop it.

Labradoodle-360

Sentinel [AF]

Sentinel [AF]

updated code made them much simpler & easier to use :)

check first & second post for the codes for single track & track sets.

Sentinel [AF]

updated for latest version of smf check first post !

will add code for smf 1 to second post soon.

Sentinel [AF]

updated added code for latest version of SMF 1 to second post !!!

maxklr

How about making it a MOD that installs like the ones on the modification section of this site? I really don't want to mess with the code!

Sentinel[AF]

one of the mod coders on here was supposed to be turning it into a mod.

but I can't access my account as I seem to have forgotten the bloody password which is daft considering I use variations of same pass usually - haha.

So I've no idea what's happening with the mod or any other bits of code I've wrote.

NanoSector

I'm gonna pack it into a mod (2.0 code, may do 1.X code later).
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

2.0 mod

Fixed an error while I was at it.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

1.X mod.

Install at your own risk as I have no idea if this works or not.

For these mods you need the additional package at the first post, still!

(since the 2.0 mod has been pushed into another page, here it is)

Sentinel[AF]

nice one on mods - sorry not replied sooner ... internet problems & forgotten password to my original account & email I signed up with is no longer active to do a password recovery :(

ez.

Matthew K.

You could send an email to SimpleMachines, if the IP can be verified, I'm sure we can get your account back for you.

Sentinel[AF]

I dunno if IP would be same as I'm using a dongle for now until I can get my DSL reconnected.

Phil Serna

has anyone got this mod to work with RC5?

I previously downloaded the version that Yoshi posted, but get an error or corrupted
www.misc-content.com

NanoSector

Quote from: Phil Serna on June 06, 2011, 11:19:03 AM
has anyone got this mod to work with RC5?

I previously downloaded the version that Yoshi posted, but get an error or corrupted
The 1.X mod I posted is for the 1.1.x series, I put a link into my post to the 2.X package :)

Phil Serna

I believe I did download the second one and was still getting an error
www.misc-content.com

Phil Serna

www.misc-content.com

NanoSector

Quote from: Phil Serna on June 06, 2011, 11:42:06 AM
this is what I am getting.

Click on the pencil and make the edit yourself :)

DragoN_PT

Sorry the digging..

1st of all, great mod (and code). The only one i found in my research. Clean and simple.

Now, i got 2 questions:

- Were can i find the buttons? I just get 2 X in the Text box.. They work great, only missing the images. - Nvm, i just miss the attached file..   :P
- (Not really a question,but..) Dunno if it is only in this end, but i need to type something to pass the "empty message" warning. Maybe do something about this, allowing to post only the link..

Cumpz!

krash661

krash661

and also when i download it(* Soundcloud2.0.tar.gz (1.02 kB - downloaded 30 times.)) like in previous post,it says version1,not version2.0

krash661

never mind,i just installed it even with the errors,and it seems to be working.

Rain Forest

Using 2.0 Gold.

After adding this to my forums, the BBCode Buttons are not synchone..

ariolander

Many thanks to OP.

Got the BBCode working on my 2.0.2 forum.

Advertisement: