Anyone located near Portland/Gresham, Oregon area?

Started by MOSTRO, January 31, 2010, 06:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOSTRO

I'm looking for someone that is located near me, who would be willing to come to my home & assist me with my forum. I haven't been able to properly install a picture gallery & I would like to add some Smileys. I'm willing to pay for the "House Call" & would appreciate some guidance on what would be the appropriate hourly rate.

Please contact me by PM if you are local & interested in helping. Please do not contact me with offers of assistance if you are not able to physically be present. I appreciate the fact that most problems can be solved over the 'net, but I prefer working with someone in person.

Please be prepared to provide references.
Thank you.

hadesflames

I wouldn't recommend handing over your home address to someone over the internet. Why not just do something over the internet like SMF Services? (link in my signature)

Norv

You do as you wish, of course, however I agree with hadesflames. This kind of work doesn't need your home access. Access (online access) to the server, and not necessarily a very high level of access, would be normally enough.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kill Em All

I'm agreeing with Norv and hadesflames just as reassurance. Its not safe to invite random people to your home.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: