News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: personal_text

Started by kamkar, February 02, 2010, 08:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamkar

I have recently upgraded my forum from 1.11 to 2.0 RC2.

Now while users are registering they are getting following error.

"The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: personal_text"

I am using following mods

Global Header Footer
Ad Management
Copy Topics
Sitemap

Please help.

Tyrsson

It appears this column is missing from the database. Can you please verify it is in the members table via phpmyadmin?
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

kamkar

I have already checked the same. The table smf_members contains column personal_text. This is varchar(255) but still the problem is there.

In the meantime I have disabled alll the mods. Uploaded all the upgrade files again. Ran upgrade.php once again and got no error.

I also tried to run repair settings and found no error there.

BUT the problem persists. Pls help.

Quote from: Tyrsson™ on February 02, 2010, 09:11:35 PM
It appears this column is missing from the database. Can you please verify it is in the members table via phpmyadmin?

kamkar

I got no response from this forum BUT i could solve the problem on my own.

In table smf_settings the variable 'default_personal_text' was not there. I dont know from where this field needs to be inserted. So I have manually added this variable in smf_settings and problem got solved. 

InfoStrides

Quote from: kamkar on February 08, 2010, 02:01:16 AM
I got no response from this forum BUT i could solve the problem on my own.

In table smf_settings the variable 'default_personal_text' was not there. I dont know from where this field needs to be inserted. So I have manually added this variable in smf_settings and problem got solved. 

Please how did you resolve this because I am having similar error. You guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

InfoStrides

I got it resolved! I inserted  a new row "default_personal_text" in smf_settings.

Thanks.

petesky

Hi !

Can someone please tell me whats wrong in mine ?

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_board

InfoStrides

Quote from: petesky on February 25, 2010, 07:50:53 AM
Hi !

Can someone please tell me whats wrong in mine ?

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: id_board

Check it if not exist. You need to create it manually in your MyPHPadmin. This error is likely due to database migration.

Oldiesmann

What are your users doing when they're getting this error? It means that there's a problem with a query somewhere. Without a file and line or at least an idea of what they're doing when they're getting that error, it's hard to provide a fix.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: