SMF 2 Registration Module for Joomla

Started by purnenduchauhan, February 03, 2010, 12:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purnenduchauhan

Since there are no hacks or bridges for integrating Joomla 1.5.x & SMF 2 RC2.

I would like to if there is a Registration Module for SMF 2 that can be displayed in Joomla Registration Module Position.

I would prefer the user to register in my SMF forum.

KensonPlays

Did you ask in the joomla support forum? Maybe they can help with their end of this.

Or, if you can add (I used joomla for a small bit) a php "block" type thing, like the portals here, make a custom PHP block and read up on this:
SSI Readme

greyknight17

purnenduchauhan, is this issue resolved now? Moving to Joomla Bridge Support board...

Kindred

you can build your own module in Joomla using the SMF SSI functions.

We can not build one or distribute one officially because of the licensing issues with Joomla's GPL.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RAND0M1ZER

jFusion 2.0 will be coming out soon and it is probably the best Joomla bridge out there.  However it only support SMF 1.x now, and version 2.0 could be a while.

Dharshan

well, am waiting for an update on this!! looks like the sjsb project is onhold untill the SMF 2 final version comes out. no joomla component forums can be compared to SMF. so it's no point in trying joomla forums.
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

hsimpson

I'm waiting too anyone any idea about the progress?
I'm in no condition to drive...wait! I shouldn't listen to myself, I'm drunk!

Baloch

JFUSION is displaying who is online in joomla as well as smf but bridge is down. I like dictionary component of joomla but fully functional smf forum so I need to bridge them.

Baloch

it seems nobody is here to respond here.

redone

Quote from: Kindred on March 02, 2010, 04:59:56 PM
you can build your own module in Joomla using the SMF SSI functions.

We can not build one or distribute one officially because of the licensing issues with Joomla's GPL.
That is your answer really. You will not see a component that allows the two to integrate, so you will need to create a work-around.

~RedOne

Advertisement: