News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Mail Queue Problems

Started by knockout, February 03, 2010, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockout

My Mail Queue keeps growing....

I sent a pm to all members using the Newsletter feature, I did not receive the notice myself and since I cant focus on thing for more than 2 minutes moved on to the next thing...

I was just checking around and see that there are 1700+ messages in my mail queue, do I need to hit the Send Mail Queue Now link for these to clear?

my settings are:
Enable Mail Queue (checked)
Maximum emails to send per minute (5)
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load  (5)

? if I hit Send Mail Queue Now will all 1600+ messages be sent at once? that will get me into trouble with my host and cannot happen

? If I uncheck "Enable Mail Queue" will the other two settings still apply and how will the newsletter feature operate without the queue (or can it operate without it)

thanks in advance.
Kelvin

knockout

KensonPlays

To make it faster, make it instead of 5, 20 or 30!! That should HELP!!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

knockout

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 03, 2010, 03:38:31 PM
To make it faster, make it instead of 5, 20 or 30!! That should HELP!!

my host mail limit is 400 per hour, the forum is being up for 6+ days now all these should have been gone long ago, I was just sending pm's back and forth with a couple of other users I did not get a single email.

KensonPlays

hmmm... ...that is strange, if you can ask and if you can afford it (if it costs), ask them to up your limit for how many you can send an hour...

* Kcmartz has godaddy and wonders if knockout does too...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

knockout

Quote from: Kcmartz on February 03, 2010, 04:45:25 PM
hmmm... ...that is strange, if you can ask and if you can afford it (if it costs), ask them to up your limit for how many you can send an hour...

* Kcmartz has godaddy and wonders if knockout does too...

not strange at all, all hosts have limits so their ip's are not tagged as spammers... I have 1700+  emails on my queue, that is merely a few hours worth, its been six days.

the question is why is the queue not moving? and what will happen if I click Send Mail Queue Now? :-\

vbgamer45

Don't click Send Mail Queue Now I believe that will force them out now. Best bet is just to wait for an hour to see if it goes down or not.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

knockout

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 03, 2010, 07:55:51 PM
Don't click Send Mail Queue Now I believe that will force them out now. Best bet is just to wait for an hour to see if it goes down or not.

gotcha....

I sent these last Thursday, they are still in the queue

knockout

Ok, I cleared the 1700 messages in the queue and now it seems to be working, I guess the initial sent got stuck somehow, I'll be sending another notice to all members, I'll keep you posted if it works or not.

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

greyknight17

knockout, is it safe to say that this issue is resolved now? :)

knockout

I never received an answer to the actual problem, I stopped using the mail queue, I will try again once a new version is released.

Advertisement: