who's online shows unknown action

Started by sattninja, February 06, 2010, 05:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sattninja

i installed some mods today and i just noticed this can someone tell me what may be causing this or where to look for something wrong

Running Rc4

Kratty256

Usually means they are in the Admin panel doing something. It only shows them viewing the Admin Page if they are on the MAIN page.

Kays

An unknown action is just that "unknown". It could be a user being anywhere that isn't checked by who.php. Normally it's nothing to worry about.

Which mods did you just install?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Kratty256

Kays: I don't think a module would have anything to do with this would it?

Arantor

Yes, it's almost certainly a mod.

Did you install ENotify? That's one that often causes such issues.

sattninja

yes i did install enotify but i uninstalled it and it still is messed up so i reinstalled it i am currently running enotify now and the problem is there how can i fix it
Running Rc4

Arantor

I documented how to fix it in the mod's thread. It's not a real fix, but would stop it being 'unknown action' at least. A real fix is much larger and the mod's author will have to do that.

YogiBear

I've seen 'unknown action' when someone is doing a search or editing their post, or a moderator editing someone's post.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

kat

If you have a shoutbox, using that would show as an "Unknown Action", too.

Arantor

Kat: depends on the shoutbox. nneoneo's doesn't. It's only if it uses action=something and doesn't bother to declare some text for it.

kat

Oh. That's good to know.

I think it's "Ultimate" that doesn't. Grudge's one.

sattninja

thanks man found it and worked perfectly

added the code and everything is good again

thanks so much
Running Rc4

sattninja

ok i spoke to soon now it just shows checking to see if new evvents have occured

i have uninstalled the enotify due to some members were getting notified on every post that was made that mod is just too glitchy too badd too cause it was a nice mod is there anyway now that i uninstalled it to fix whatever this is
Running Rc4

Arantor

I did comment on that in the thread in question, citing that actual situation.

Why is it a bug that the mod is actually doing exactly what it is supposed to - checking regularly to see if there's been an update?

sattninja

well the problem is it is displaying all new posts to a member even if they r not subscribed to the threads the notifications go all the way down the right side of the page
Running Rc4

Arantor

And I thought it was supposed to do what it does currently based on its description. (Had it not, I would not have approved it back in October)

sattninja

maybe i am wrong but it seems to work fine  on my acct it only shows me posts and replies in boards i am watching but on some members it is showing every post made since last log in i dont know if that is correct or not the mod description is very short
Running Rc4

Advertisement: