News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

What is litespeed

Started by glennk, February 08, 2010, 03:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

青山 素子

Quote from: stfox100 on February 11, 2010, 12:16:08 PM
Actually, although NY and New Jersey are full of data centers, DC has more updated and newer data centers with better connections. Such as Equinix in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC.

Thanks for the information. I'm a bit behind on the East Coast data centers (I live in California).
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Ensiferous

Quote from: stfox100 on February 11, 2010, 12:16:08 PM
Such as Equinix in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC.

Equinix is also easily one of the most expensive datacentres, I have rackspace in their Sunnyvale datacentre and it's the most expensive one I've seen so far.
My Latest Blog Post: Debugging Nginx Errors

stfox100

Been in there? Awesome set up they have, ( at least in Va.), Regardless of data center costs, it's still up to server providers to determine their rates to consumers.

bzgzd

I am now searching for shared web hosting and found already quite many using LiteSpeed. For example MDDHosting (.com) , hawkhost , ...
or this member here has litespeed hosting in signature
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=132481

I think I will try one of them.

stfox100

I can tell you straight off the bat, I can host you using Apache and be just as fast, None of my clients have page loads over about .5 second. I use Quad core Xeon CPU's at 2.66Ghz with 6 gigs of Ram. And I never run my servers above 75% capacity. I just get another one at that point. I have a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied. The only thing I don't have is an EU server. I can get into Munich though. But I currently host people in the UK who have no issues.
Just a thought for you if you want to try it. If you don't like it, it costs you nothing.
Thanks,
Steve

Advertisement: