News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

All themes have problems

Started by DarkZero245, February 09, 2010, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkZero245

Hi everyone. Been having a small problem with RC2.0, every theme I try to use, besides the default, seems to have a problem with it. I've tried alot of different themes and each one of them gives me a different kind of problem. Sometimes the tables are broken, fonts are all random sizes, theme is too big/small, etc.

Anyone know a solution to this?

smp420

Its usually hard to give a solution if you dont know what the problem is letting us know which theme it is, and a link to your site so we can see the problem would help.
"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

Kill Em All

Not sure if you switched them or not, is it SMF 2.0 RC2, or is it just SMF 2.0 RC?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

DarkZero245

I can't post external links =\

The theme I'm trying at the moment is ModernDark64. Using SMF2.0 RC2

Kill Em All

What mods do you have installed? I am to currently using ModernDark64 and it works fine with just a few glitches.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

DarkZero245

The following:

1. Moderator and Administrator Comment Tags 1.7 
2. SMF Media Gallery 2.0.5   
3. MCLegendII RC1 3.0 
4. SMF Media Gallery 2.0.1 
5. SA Shop 0.4.4     
6. Auto Merge Double Post 1.2   
7. Downloads System 1.2.6
8. Hack's Park Shoutbox 2.0.2 
9. eNinja - Custom Pages 1.0.12   
10. Spoiler Tag 0.7a   

TheListener

Please note you have two different versions of the same mod installed.

Kill Em All

I know you said you can't provide a link, but can you just space it out such as "your domain . com"

And yes, you do, but I don't think that would be causing a problem. But you should still fix it as there is a chance that it is.

DarkZero245

I have 2 versions uploaded, but only 1 installed.

URL: exe-ura . net/smf2

DarkZero245

Norv

Are the themes compatible with RC2? An example theme and telling what it does on your forum might be useful.

Note that mods need to be installed (usually) on the custom themes as well, otherwise they will not work on the custom theme. Only on the default.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Kill Em All

ModernDark64 should be compatible with RC2, I'm not sure why your theme is looking like that. You can try creating a clean test install then downloading an new theme that is compatible with RC2 and test it out.

DarkZero245

I just removed all the mods I had on it and it's still not working. Could something have happened when I upgraded from RC1.2 to RC2.0?

Kill Em All

Possibly, you can trying running the large upgrade again.

DarkZero245

I only used the small upgrade. I read around for abit before upgrading. Everyone said the small update would work just fine.

Kill Em All

You can't use a small update to go to RC2. You need to use the large upgrade package to upgrade to 2.0 and make the database changes.

Please follow the directions here:
Upgrading SMF

DarkZero245

QuoteDownload SMF 2.0 RC2

Using SMF 2.0 RC1.2? This small package will get you up to speed.

Bit misleading... I'll try the large upgrade and see if that works out.

Arantor

That text is actually automatic.

If you have a problem with any theme other than Curve, you should ask the theme's author about it - every theme has a comment thread.

DarkZero245

I would do that if it was happening to 1 or 2 themes. But it's happening to every single one that I try.

Arantor

Is each one doing exactly the same thing?

DarkZero245

No, each theme has a kind of different problem, most of the time it's either broken tables/borders, missing images, or fonts are massive and tables are very small. Sometimes the entire thing is just a mess.

I just upgraded using the large update and it's still doing the same thing. I'm going to remove all mods and try to update. Hopefully that will work.

Edit: Also gonna switch to default theme while upgrading. BTW I should mention that even the new curve theme has this problem. The only theme that looks normal is the "Classic YaBB SE Theme".

Edit2: Still doesn't work...

DarkZero245

Found the problem!

When I upgraded to 2.0 RC2 it didn't change the themes directory for some reason. I just reset the themes directory and they're working perfect now. Thanks for the help anyways guys!

Advertisement: