News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

possible to update rc2 to rc3?

Started by steve51184, February 15, 2010, 07:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

just wanted to know will it be possible to update rc2 to rc3 when it's out? i'm not sure if there's going to be an update package like there is for smf 1.1.x or will i have to use a program to show me all changes made in all files (from rc2 to rc3) and then make all those edits etc?

also will rc2 mods work with rc3? ie. are there going to be any big changes like there was from rc1.x to rc2 that will stop mods from working

Kill Em All

No, you will have to use the large upgrade package. Sorry. Some RC2 mods may work with RC3, just depends on what each one does and what code changes it requires.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

steve51184

Quote from: Kill Em All on February 15, 2010, 08:47:12 PM
No, you will have to use the large upgrade package. Sorry. Some RC2 mods may work with RC3, just depends on what each one does and what code changes it requires.

but can't i just compare the changes in the rc3 'large upgrade package' with the rc2 'large upgrade package' in a program like 'DeepDiff' and edit the changes in my rc2 forum?

also won't there be a small update package?

Kill Em All

Not really. And no, I don't think there will be a small update package, thus being there isn't going to be a list of manual changes. I there there were quite a few database changes to.

Sorry

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

steve51184

cool

also i won't ask when rc3 (or gold) is out as i'm sure you guys are getting sick of that lol

Kill Em All

:p

Please feel free to mark this as solved if it is. :)

Advertisement: