News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

vBulletin 4.0.1 to SMF 2.0 RC2

Started by Zero13, February 12, 2010, 07:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero13

I'm trying to migrate vbulletin 4.0.1 to SMF 2.0 RC2, with a file convert.php adapted in this forum (which I attached) but in the process of importation of no more than 20000 users and users not advance .. if I try to start the process again will I have left the MySQL stockings hung .. and it shows me:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Any ideas??, I have to import 35,000 users! and a very.. very.. posts. :)

I have reviewed other posts in this forum, but none fit my problem and I am looking forward to my SMF forum.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry my bad English.
;)

Norv

Was SMF installed properly? Does it work, alone? Please note that the message it shows you has typically two causes: either the database settings of the SMF installation are not correct (but if you didn't change them since installing, they should normally be correct, otherwise the installer wouldn't have worked), either your MySQL server is really not available (you may want to talk to your host then).

To correct settings that may be incorrect for some reason: Please check this site's Downloads > Tools, for a file repair_settings.php. Upload it to your SMF folder, and run it by pointing to it in the browser. It should show you a page where you can correct the settings, and save them.

You can restart the conversion process as many times as you need (well, one at a time :) ), there shouldn't be any problem.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Zero13

Hello .. thanks for answering!
;)

The installation of SMF is correct, first did a clean install and check it out, then got the files to convert and I have tried to launch several times without success, not passing of 20000 users.

The Continue button, give the account back .. and stays at zero .. but does not get restarted and everything stays in step 1 and specifically to the users.

Included when I tried to erase (3 times) the database and start from scratch, with permission to that bbdd of vbulletin, etc..

This convert.php is optimized for vbulletin 4.0??, Showing be version 3.7.

Thank you for you help.
;)

P.D.: Posts 7,000 !! Great!

Norv

Does the conversion start, then, and it works for a while? What message does it give (all messages on page)?
(sorry I didn't see your attachment, I am on a computer with no rar currently)

If it says "SMF cannot connect to the database" after it obviously worked for a while, then I'd say your database server is not very stable. Might be worth asking your host.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Zero13

You are now reviewing the mysql, the truth is that the server is pretty stable, but this process has made me fall so as smf vbulletin, so I commented in this thread, because I want to work with SMF and not vbulletin.

I am attaching the files in ZIP.

Norv

I expected that you'd copy or attach the entire messages you get, not the converter :)

vbulletin3.7 file has been tested only by one user on vbulletin 4.0, and it seems it worked well, except attachments which need to be corrected.

Zero13

Antes

Norv need db ? :D , i can provide you some data - localhost tries gived me
check out the pics uploaded

if skip this part ( %100 success ! )
Converting attachments...
Unsuccessful!
This query:

SELECT
    postid AS id_msg, counter AS downloads, filename, filedata, userid,
    attachmentid
    FROM `vbyedek`.vb_attachment
    LIMIT 0, 500;

Caused the error:

Unknown column 'postid' in 'field list'

Not : I'm not converting my FORUM just helping SMF guys for improved converter ...

Norv

Yes, there's a problem with attachments, as the structure changed in vbulletin 4.0, by the looks of it. I could use a database to test and correct it, yes, but please note that at least a week from now I am still on hiatus and quite unavailable... I'll try taking a look though.

laogui

I did not convert the attachments to the success.  :(

Advertisement: